2800th Show

Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Re: 2800th Show

Post by Billy Whiz »

dancingboy wrote:On Saturday last, the 7th Birthday show, David Massey announced that the number of shows was 2926. That means 74 performances until the 3000th show. By my calculations at eight shows per week the 3000th show should be on Thursday 19 July. Previously, I think it was Billy Whizz had calculated the date to be 16 July. Is it possible for the Company to let us know when it will be 'celebrating' the 3000th show?
By my calculations the 3,000th show will be on Tuesday, July 17th. 74 shows is 9 weeks of 8 shows and then 2 shows on the last week. I think my calculation of July 16th was originally correct but there was a show which was cancelled. Of course we do not know if the VP counted this or not - but I'm guessing not.

Maybe they are waiting until a little nearer the time in case there are any more cancellations as it is over 2 months off at the moment.
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

dancingboy wrote:On Saturday last, the 7th Birthday show, David Massey announced that the number of shows was 2926. That means 74 performances until the 3000th show. By my calculations at eight shows per week the 3000th show should be on Thursday 19 July. Previously, I think it was Billy Whizz had calculated the date to be 16 July. Is it possible for the Company to let us know when it will be 'celebrating' the 3000th show?
For once, my count is in total synch with what David Massey announced (2926 as of 12-May-2012).

My calculation agrees with Billy Whiz's. The actual date of the 3000th show would be Tuesday, July 17th, determined as follows:

Remaining shows in May = 21 (Total 2947)
Shows in June = 35 (Total 2982)
July shows to #3000 = 18

Now whether the company decides to celebrate (if at all) on that specific date remains to be seen.
dancingboy
Billy

Post by dancingboy »

Sorry, Gary, I need to buy a new abacus!! Totally agree that number 3000 will be reached on 17 July. As you say, whether it will be celebrated remains to be seen.
Westletonion
Miner

Post by Westletonion »

I have been given the impression that once the date had been settled upon - and I think this was 16th July (and therefore in accord with BillyWhiz), that this date would then be adhered to regardless of any blips - i.e cancelled shows or extras added.

However I was also given the distinct impression that 30th May would be the 'biggie' from the three that have been commented upon (i.e 7th birthday, 'Gala', and 3,000th show).
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

dancingboy wrote:Sorry, Gary, I need to buy a new abacus!! Totally agree that number 3000 will be reached on 17 July. As you say, whether it will be celebrated remains to be seen.
And Billy Whiz :(
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
Todd
Dad

Post by Todd »

Westletonion wrote:
However I was also given the distinct impression that 30th May would be the 'biggie' from the three that have been commented upon (i.e 7th birthday, 'Gala', and 3,000th show).
Any particular reason why they picked this date to be the "biggie" ?
Westletonion
Miner

Post by Westletonion »

Any particular reason why they picked this date to be the "biggie" ?

I think it has to do with the apparent availability of Sir Elton John on 30th May, although as far as I know there has been no further publicity about this, so it is still all fairly speculative. See the following link:

http://www.billyelliottheforum.me.uk/fo ... f=8&t=3654
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

Todd wrote:Any particular reason why they picked this date to be the "biggie" ?
Malcolm is quite correct.

From what I have been told Elton is in town for the Queen's Jubilee party. He is, as we know, very busy so it was felt that it would be an ideal time to have the Gala show. It is to celebrate the 7th Birthday, the upcoming 3,000th show as well as the Queen's Jubilee.

If Elton is involved then the Press will be there. Free publicity is always welcome and it should give it a lift in this Olympic year.

As far as I can gather Sir Elton John will be coming - but we also know that these things can change at the last minute. I have been told that other people have been invited but no names at present.

Westletonion
Miner

Post by Westletonion »

Billy Whiz wrote: I have been told that other people have been invited but no names at present.
Yes, I have been told that as well.
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by kport »

One the VPT ticket site, the performance on May 30th has next to it a blue symbol - the only date so marked (it is a circle with the 'peace' symbol). Does this mean this performance is special? Tickets are still available, so it cannot be sold out.

Return to “Chat about Billy Elliot the Musical - London”