The Billympics

Born to Boogie
Tall Boy

The Billympics

Post by Born to Boogie »

Join the @BillyElliotUK twitter feed to enter the 'Billympics' and win prizes!

http://billyelliotthemusical.com/billympics
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: The Billympics

Post by kport »

Not so much the 'Billympics', but this seems an appropriate place to link the Guardian article about the negative effect the Olympics will have on London tourism......and the possible benefit to Billy fans!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/jul/0 ... sfeed=true

Being involved in group and corporate travel, this story does not surprise me one bit!
Todd
Dad

Post by Todd »

Hmmm. I sure haven't found the slashed prices in hotels during the Olympic period that the article mentions here. Most places I've checked from July 27-31 are still about twice as high in price as normal.

Still hoping for them to eventually come down as the date draws closer. I found this to be the case when I went to the Olympics in Los Angeles in 1984. They apparently weren't able to fill their hotels at the ridiculously high rates they were initially charging. So my friends and I were able to find a good deal once the games got started and hotels started bringing their prices back down.
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by kport »

Todd wrote:Hmmm. I sure haven't found the slashed prices in hotels during the Olympic period that the article mentions here. Most places I've checked from July 27-31 are still about twice as high in price as normal.

Still hoping for them to eventually come down as the date draws closer. I found this to be the case when I went to the Olympics in Los Angeles in 1984. They apparently weren't able to fill their hotels at the ridiculously high rates they were initially charging. So my friends and I were able to find a good deal once the games got started and hotels started bringing their prices back down.
Try hotel.com the week before. There will be last minute bargains galore.
Brad
George

Post by Brad »

OK so I might be a little out of touch but why is the Guardian running an article with a BETM pic that has Kiril Kulish in it? Is this to attrct American readers? Or isn't is Kiril? :shock:
Cheers

Brad
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by kport »

Brad wrote:OK so I might be a little out of touch but why is the Guardian running an article with a BETM pic that has Kiril Kulish in it? Is this to attrct American readers? Or isn't is Kiril? :shock:
I hadn't noticed that. It is the US online Guardian article, so you may be right - probably some sort of copyright issue with the photo agencies.

Or simply the person who chose it just used the picture he/she preferred!
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

kport wrote:
Brad wrote:OK so I might be a little out of touch but why is the Guardian running an article with a BETM pic that has Kiril Kulish in it? Is this to attrct American readers? Or isn't is Kiril? :shock:
I hadn't noticed that. It is the US online Guardian article, so you may be right - probably some sort of copyright issue with the photo agencies.

Or simply the person who chose it just used the picture he/she preferred!
Or they were just ignorant.
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.

Return to “Chat about Billy Elliot the Musical - London”