May 12th - 7th Birthday Show

Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

May 12th - 7th Birthday Show

Post by Billy Whiz »

SATURDAY, MAY 12th, 2012 - EVENING

We have very kindly been given permission by the Victoria Palace for photographs at the 7th Birthday Show

The rules are the same as usual and must be adhered to. They are:

NO FLASH

NO VIDEO

PHOTOGRAPHS TO BE TAKEN ONLY AFTER THE CURTAIN COMES DOWN AFTER THE CHAIR LIFT

Thanking everybody in anticipation of your usual co-operation.
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: May 12th - 7th Birthday Show

Post by ERinVA »

In honor of the 7th Birthday, we are told that there will be some special Billy Elliot cakes (cookies) laid out in Stalls Bar tomorrow evening. So if you plan to be at the show and would like a special treat, stop by the bar before the performance.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

Layton Williams retweeted the BE Forum's tweet wishing BE London a Happy 7th Birthday:

"RT @BEForum: Happy 7th Birthday to Billy Elliot in London!! :) - Yey!!! Happy Birthday Billy - Been 2 years since I've been on that stage!"

https://twitter.com/#!/LaytonWilliams
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

Original Michael, Ashley Lloyd, tweeted this on his public Twitter:

"7 years ago! right now! I would be at the after party to my opening night of BILLY ELLIOT THE MUSICAL LOVE IT! Memories never forgot:)"

https://twitter.com/#!/AshleyLuke
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Last night's event was excellent. The cakes in the Stalls Bar were accompanied by a nice sign thanking the Forum and the Regulars for their loyalty to the show. The show itself featured Ryan, the most senior Billy, paired with Connor Lawson, who gave his final performance as Michael. It was also the final performance for last night's Ballet Girl team. David Massey, the Company Manager, came on stage before the performance to thank Connor and the ballet girls and their parents. He pointed out that Connor was actually discovered as a result of one of the BYT performances. At the final scene, Ryan's Billy said his farewell using Connor's name, which, of course, the audience loved, and at the curtain call, we were all showered with confetti. All in all, a great way to end a Billython. :D
Ellen

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
angelenroute
Billy

Post by angelenroute »

ERinVA wrote:Last night's event was excellent. The cakes in the Stalls Bar were accompanied by a nice sign thanking the Forum and the Regulars for their loyalty to the show.
What a wonderful thing to do!!! So nice to hear that! :D

Sean

"Good writers define reality; bad ones merely restate it." -Edward Albee
jacob
Ballet Girl

Post by jacob »

May 12th eve 7th Birthday

Ryan
Connor L
Dayna

A few thoughts to add to Ellen's review above.

David Massey gave a wide ranging speech to start the evening. He declared last night to be the 2926th performance of BETM in London and looked forward to the next seven years. As has been said above it was the last night of the Kiveton team of Ballet Girls as well as that of Connor Lawson. In fact the other Ballet Girl teams had also left earlier in the week. David thanked a range of people including the FOH managers by name as well as Harry and all the backstage crew. I was delighted that he did this as the 'supporting cast' do not always get the recognition they deserve. This was an excellent speech that set the tone for the evening.

Many ballet girls were in the audience ensuring that the Kiveton team were cheered to the rafters (if the VP has any!). Connor also had a huge cheer when he rode on to the stage at the start of Scene 1 and this was repeated during Express and of course at the final curtain. He has been a wonderful Michael with a unique interpretation of the character. His Michael has seemed to be an ordinary Easington boy to the outside world only showing his inner feelings towards Billy in their private world. Connor's spectacles added to the impression given of his ordinariness. Connor was soo funny in the way he picked fun at George and indeed at most of the mining community, with facial expressions that were many and varied :lol: I have always thought the character of Michael to be absolutely central to the story of Billy Elliot and Connor Lawson exemplified this to the full. Thank you so much.

Ryan has grown taller since I last saw him and he is now almost as tall as some of the adult characters. He showed his distinctive Angry Dance to great effect with a kick box kick at the police shields and two bricks hurled at the shields with total accuracy. Ryan has an equally distinctive Electricity. His street dance version was high energy with a nice burst of break dance before his back flip off the board.

There were many alternates amongst the adult cast, including David Bardsley, Kieran Jae and Gillian Elisa. Indeed I did not recognise many of the adults playing characters in the Audition scene and I also thought that the policemen/miners were a man down. The lifts all worked and no one appeared to get injured thank goodness. Whilst the theatre was certainly not a Full House, the audience rose to the occasion with an enthusiasm that was tinged with sadness. Some may think the seventh birthday to have been a little low key. Maybe,in the future it will be seen to have been been an overture to the Grand Opera on May 30th :)
'Are we human or are we dancers?' The Killers

Finish
CJ-Rochester
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by CJ-Rochester »

Wow I am quite impressed that they mentioned the forum in their thank you. Cush! :D
:/
dancingboy
Billy

Post by dancingboy »

Many thanks to Brian for the picture of the cakes. Unfortunately, I did not get close enough to them to have one! Also, thanks to Mary and the FOH team for providing them, the gesture was very much appreciated.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Yes, indeed it was! :D
Ellen

Return to “Chat about Billy Elliot the Musical - London”