ITV Sunday Night at the Palladium

KeefyM
Michael

Re: ITV Sunday Night at the Palladium

Post by KeefyM »

Correct Chris - it wasn't the Broadway sign and it changed colours throughout the performance and was originally Blue as it is on a screen/video wall in the background not an actual sign as I was at the performance tonight and it was fantastic as was the rest of the show with performances from Madness, Olly Murs, Alfie Boe, Jo Brand and a fantastic Welsh Comedian who's name I've forgotten and Bradley Walsh was on top form and hilarious as the show's host.

In Summary: 23 Billys did the performance and it was very similar to Billy Live in places.

New Billy Thomas started off by singing Electricity (wearing the light blue stripey top and Jeans and not the usual white top and grey school trousers) and when it comes to the moment Billy throws the bag in Electricity the other Billys came on and did their routine including the bit from Billy Live where Liam, Scott and Kaine did an amazing Ballet Routine and perfect in-sync Pirouettes with each other and then Kaine and Scott went off and left Liam on his own. Bradley and Brodie came on and told Liam to 'get lost' and then the rest of the current Billys came on and did a small routine and just like Billy Live all the other Billys eventually joined in with the routine ending with the Finale Chair Lift - with Thomas on the chair.

After the performance, Bradley Walsh entered from stage left and came along the line (right to left) of the 5 Billys who were nearest to him at the front of the Billy lineup - Kaine, Ali, Bradley, Matteo and Thomas and he said 'Hello Billy' (to Kaine), 'Hello Billy' (to Ali), 'Hello Billy' (to Bradley), 'Er..Hello Bill' (to Matteo) and by the time he reached Thomas he was fed up calling them 'Billy' and so he said to Thomas 'Hello Dave' which made Thomas and the audience laugh.
Liam was then interviewed by Bradley when he asked 'Who was the first Billy ?' and then Bradley interviewed Thomas after he asked 'Who is the newest Billy ?'. Bradley then asked Liam if he had any advice for Thomas in which Liam said to Thomas 'just enjoy the experience'.

Many Billy parents were there to watch the show as were a few of the cast including Connie, Kyria, Todd, Tomi, Nathan Jones, Dayna, Connie's Mum and Dayna's mum who were all sitting two rows in front of us. Unfortunately, they all had to leave at 10.30pm due to the show overrunning because of technical problems and a bloke who took part in the quiz being heavy-handed with his buzzer and breaking it completely and so there was a 15 minute delay and it was 10.45pm before the show/recording finished.

The 23 Billys who took part in the performance were:
Thomas Hazleby
Brodie Donougher
Ollie Jochim
Matteo Zecca
Bradley Perret
Elliott Hanna
Ali Rasul
Redmand Rance
Harrison Dowzell
Kaine Ward
Ryan Collinson
Josh Baker
Scott McKenzie
Aaron Watson
Rhys Yeomans
Ollie Gardner
Brad Wilson
Fox Jackson-Keen
Josh Fedrick
Layton Williams
Dean McCarthy
Leon Cooke
Liam Mower
patc
Mrs Wilkinson

Post by patc »

Thanks for all the news, keefy. Roll on 12th April :D.

Pat
Barry Appleby
George

Post by Barry Appleby »

Cheers! and Thanks for that news Keefy, it really is appreciated
So a good night for all, looking forward to seeing it on TV
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

Thanks for that information, Keith.

I'll have to record it on April 12th as the final round of The Masters golf is on and that takes precedence over Billy Elliot.
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
jmh2014
Tall Boy

Post by jmh2014 »

Billy Whiz wrote:I'll have to record it on April 12th as the final round of The Masters golf is on and that takes precedence over Billy Elliot.
Same here - thanks for pointing out the clash.
KeefyM
Michael

Post by KeefyM »

No need to worry about the Billy performance clashing with coverage of The Masters, jmh2014 and Billy Whiz as ITV have confirmed the first episode of series/season 2 of Sunday Night at The Palladium (with the Billy performance) WILL NOT BE SHOWN on Sunday 12th April as ITV have delayed the start of the series and pushed it back until SUNDAY 3RD MAY.
jmh2014
Tall Boy

Post by jmh2014 »

Thanks for the update Keefy.
KeefyM
Michael

Post by KeefyM »

Just a reminder folks, don’t forget about Sunday Night At The Palladium on ITV at 8pm this evening featuring a special performance of Electricity and a Billy Mash-Up from 23 Billys and an interview with Liam Mower and Thomas Hazelby afterwards (and watchout for Bradley Walsh calling Thomas 'Dave' when he says 'hello' to a few of the Billys) :D
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by kport »

For those without UK tv access, it will be available on the itvplayer, and can be accessed for 30 days after the broadcast. You need to register to watch it.

https://www.itv.com/itvplayer/
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by kport »

It just ended - it was in the first 20 minutes of the show, after Madness did their bit.

It was the Electricity mashup from the BillyLive! performance, with Thomas (a.k.a.'Dave'*) in the main role. There were great closeups of him and he reacted - and sang - very well for the camera. The audience was very enthusiastic throughout - screams and shouts of approval. Liam got a huge ovation as he was interviewed as the 'first Billy', as did Dave - I mean Thomas - when he announced that he was the youngest, at 10. It was nice to see Matteo as one of the five current Billys - I think this was recorded before he left. This is great PR for the show - it will be seen by many millions in the UK.

I am not sure if they will come onstage again.

It can be seen for the next 30 days via the ITVplayer.

* After the finale, the compere introduced several Billys (in Billy shirts): "Hi Billy. Hi Billy' Hi Bill.' Then the came to Thomas, and said 'Hi Dave!". Ah, humour from The Palladium!

Return to “Chat about Billy Elliot the Musical - London”