Post by jaj2636 »

Great performance by all the Billys!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0nGUPDIOs0
J
Darth_Revan
Ballet Girl

Re: ITV Sunday Night at the Palladium

Post by Darth_Revan »

jaj2636 wrote:Great performance by all the Billys!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0nGUPDIOs0
that was quick. Thank you!
---
István
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Yes, thanks a lot! :D
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
KeefyM
Michael

Post by KeefyM »

kport wrote:It just ended - it was in the first 20 minutes of the show, after Madness did their bit.

It was the Electricity mashup from the BillyLive! performance, with Thomas (a.k.a.'Dave'*) in the main role. There were great closeups of him and he reacted - and sang - very well for the camera. The audience was very enthusiastic throughout - screams and shouts of approval. Liam got a huge ovation as he was interviewed as the 'first Billy', as did Dave - I mean Thomas - when he announced that he was the youngest, at 10. It was nice to see Matteo as one of the five current Billys - I think this was recorded before he left. This is great PR for the show - it will be seen by many millions in the UK.

I am not sure if they will come onstage again.

It can be seen for the next 30 days via the ITVplayer.

* After the finale, the compere introduced several Billys (in Billy shirts): "Hi Billy. Hi Billy' Hi Bill.' Then the came to Thomas, and said 'Hi Dave!". Ah, humour from The Palladium!

The Show was recorded on Sunday 22nd March - 6 days before Matteo left. As I was at the recording I know there is a section that has been cut out in the final edit of the Billy performance as there was a prominent Ballet Section with Aaron Watson, Kaine Ward and Rhys Yeomans but it has unfortunately ended up on the cutting room floor :(
Aaron, Kaine and Rhys have since tweeted about it being cut out after tonight's broadcast.

There were a few shots of Billy parents and some cast members in the audience - not during the Billy performance but after Madness opened the show and Nathan Jones can be seen along with forthcoming Billy Nat Sweeney.
Bridget40
Tall Boy

Post by Bridget40 »

I was surprised that they chose Thomas to start the performance, he was good, but I think that they should have given the opportunity to one of the Billy's who have been in the show longer. The routine was similar to the 'Billy live' mash up. It's good, but it's too frenetic! Everyone moves so quick that it's tough to focus on anyone, and before you know it..... it's over!
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

Thanks for posting the video. I really enjoyed it.

What a great job they all did and I thought Bradley was excellent as an MC.
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by kport »

Bridget40 wrote:I was surprised that they chose Thomas to start the performance, he was good, but I think that they should have given the opportunity to one of the Billy's who have been in the show longer. The routine was similar to the 'Billy live' mash up. It's good, but it's too frenetic! Everyone moves so quick that it's tough to focus on anyone, and before you know it..... it's over!
Could that have been a producer's choice - to have the 'first' (Liam) and most recent (Thomas) featured?

I thought Thomas - er, Dave ;) - did a fine job. As for the speed......so many seconds were allotted for this performance. This is tv. At least they did not do a 'Britain's Got Talent' and switch to shots of the audience's reaction at every opportunity.
dongringo
Debbie

Post by dongringo »

That was fun. Thanks for the youtube link. 8-)
.......__o
.......\ <,
....( )/ ( )
Todd
Dad

Post by Todd »

Enjoyed it, thanks for posting ! Still seems strange seeing Elliott Hanna as one of the alumni Billys, since he's one of the youngest ones on stage. I'll bet they love opportunities like this to reunite, hang out, reminisce, and dance together again. Would be fun hearing them share their "remember that time when . . . " stories when they get together.

Return to “Chat about Billy Elliot the Musical - London”