Last London Show

cindythenurse
Small Boy

Re: Last London Show

Post by cindythenurse »

Todd wrote:
BEF wrote:Now the icon of April 9th is gone on the booking page,
Is there any chance to get the tickets for general sale :?: :(
I called the theatre this morning to inquire about purchasing tickets for April 9 and they said tickets were not currently being sold for the two shows that day, but to check back frequently as the date approaches since he said there could be some seats released for sale to the general public.

In short, this April 9 closing is a big lump of coal in the Christmas stocking, since I figured the show would be going until at least December of next year after they put the block of tickets on sale awhile back up to that date. It also probably changes my summer travel plans, as I had hoped to visit there in June and see several performances then. :(
You say the theatre state that tickets are not currently being sold for 9th April. As that date has been on the booking page for some time, what happens to tickets customers have purchased up until now?

Cindythenurse
patc
Mrs Wilkinson

Post by patc »

cindythenurse wrote:You say the theatre state that tickets are not currently being sold for 9th April. As that date has been on the booking page for some time, what happens to tickets customers have purchased up until now?
Box Office will phone you with choice of switching to an earlier date or a full refund.

Pat
Real Geordie
Ballet Girl

Post by Real Geordie »

I think there is uncertainty and ambiguity on this point, caused by the way VPT have handled this. They immediately altered their own on-line site removing all tickets from sale for 9 April. Tickets may have been bought for this date possibly months ago through third party sites. Third party sites also continued to issue tickets throughout the night of Thursday, and possibly beyond.

The VPT site currently states :-

The final performance of Billy Elliot the Musical will take place on 9 April 2016. Ticket holders who have booked tickets via the Victoria Palace Theatre for performances after 9 April 2016 will be contacted by a member of our box office team as soon as possible to discuss transferring your tickets into another performance or to arrange a full ticket refund. If you have bought a ticket for a performance after 9 April 2016 and you did not purchase your tickets directly from the Victoria Palace Theatre, please contact your point of purchase. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause you.

What they specifically say is "after 9th April", not "on or after 9th April" . Obviously after 9 April there will be no performances, so clearly ticket refunds would then be asked for by holders. There is however a performance on 9th April - in fact two. A holder of a ticket for this date would legitimately think it was valid - and why not - and indeed might that be the intention ? They therefore would not ask for a refund from a third party supplier, and will just turn up on the night. As this was all kept under wraps until the last minute, this may be one of the unforeseen consequences. VPT may be on very shaky ground if they try to invalidate such tickets.
cindythenurse
Small Boy

Post by cindythenurse »

I am absolutely with you on this point.

It would seem quite clear that alternative dates and refunds will be offered for the performances cancelled after April 9th.

As performances on April 9th are not cancelled and many people will have already booked, I cannot see how the VPT can legitimately cancel those tickets. Of course, any remaining unsold tickets they hold and are also recalled from 3rd parties, are theirs to do with as they wish.

Another point - if buying a ticket from the box office in person, in cash, are you obliged to give your contact details?

Cindythenurse
Bridget40
Tall Boy

Post by Bridget40 »

Sorry Cindy but they can, and will cancel any tickets you bought for April 9th, whether bought through a third party site or not. They did the same for the 10th anniversary show!
Sheepdog
Tall Boy

Post by Sheepdog »

The loss of the wonderful... in so many ways... "thing" that was Billy is terrible.

Can we please at least try NOT to make the mourning period worse with recriminations, complaints, raging? From which I of course except actual information like what to do with post 8 April tickets already purchased.

Remember how garciously and valiantly the box office staff coped with the collapse of not one but two computer systems during the booking of the general public tickets for the 10th birthday show?
Remi
Small Boy

Post by Remi »

Bridget40 wrote:Sorry Cindy but they can, and will cancel any tickets you bought for April 9th, whether bought through a third party site or not. They did the same for the 10th anniversary show!
They won't ! It's not a gala performance ;)

Hi everyone btw :mrgreen:
tzwicky
George

As Wednesday Addams says ...

Post by tzwicky »

As Wednesday Addams says ...

wait

tzwicky
jmh2014
Tall Boy

Post by jmh2014 »

When asked about tickets that had already been booked for the final day, this was the response:

"We have no intension of cancelling tickets for 9/4/16 that are already paid and confirmed.

Best regards,

Customer Support Supervisor
Delfont Mackintosh Theatres"
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Remi wrote:
Bridget40 wrote:Sorry Cindy but they can, and will cancel any tickets you bought for April 9th, whether bought through a third party site or not. They did the same for the 10th anniversary show!
They won't ! It's not a gala performance ;)

Hi everyone btw :mrgreen:
Hi Remi. :D

I can't imagine that the company will treat the final show as a "regular" performance. I do expect it to be some sort of gala.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.

Return to “Chat about Billy Elliot the Musical - London”