Los Angeles, CA

mrmikerocks
Miner

Re: Los Angeles, CA

Post by mrmikerocks »

skkmercury wrote:Unfortunately, the LA run will not be extended.... at least not at the Pantages. "Chicago" is opening there on May 15th I believe.
angelenroute wrote:Just finished watching all of those videos and looking through the pictures. Wow! The buzz is huge! Feels like it was when Broadway opened! I wonder what possibilities there were/are for a long-run troupe stop in LA instead of just 5 weeks.
As someone mentioned earlier a longer run would not happen at the Pantages due to Chicago opening there.
accessmenj
Mr Braithwaite

Post by accessmenj »

Short runs force people to fill seats on less desirable days and nights. Better to return in a year or so.
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by kport »

accessmenj wrote:Short runs force people to fill seats on less desirable days and nights. Better to return in a year or so.
Indeed......or San Francisco, and a few other west coast cities. Vancouver too.

I would love to see the US Tour 'do' Europe at some point in the future. Or a spin-off Tour from the London production. Why stop there, now that the scaled down tour has proven to be such a touring success? 'Billy Across the World'. The Japanese will love it!
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

The first tour already played San Francisco for a substantial run, so I seriously doubt it would go back there. In fact, it was right after San Francisco that the tour shut down to retool.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
mxmx
Small Boy

Post by mxmx »

The San Jose and Sacramento one-week runs next year are more of a northern California return than anyone expected at this point.
mxmx
Small Boy

Post by mxmx »

Tonight J.P. Viernes worked his third straight show day (Saturday night taking over the second half and then playing Sunday and Tuesday) and curiously there were half a dozen understudies on. Among them was Sasha Ely-Judkins, whose praises I must sing for a great take on Mrs. Wilkinson!
WebmasterLK
Audience Member

Post by WebmasterLK »

Has anyone tried the ticket lottery yet? Do they offer discounted tickets for the people who lose? I'm trying the lottery with a friend on Sunday and I'm really hoping that we can at least buy discounted tickets if we lose. I don't have the best luck
StevenKing
Mrs Wilkinson

Post by StevenKing »

I seriously doubt anyone has lost...everyone won the first few days.
tzwicky
George

BETM marquee shown on Kathy Griffin show!

Post by tzwicky »

In the opening title sequence of Kathy Griffin's new talk show on Bravo, she's seen driving past the Pantages theatre (of course standing in the open sun roof of a limousine, waving at fans) and Billy Elliot is splashed across the marquee.

Hummmmmmmmmmmm, can't believe there aren't other Kathy fans who saw this, (on Thursday night I think).

Maybe I imagined it.

On the one hand, it's only natural that Kathy, with her famous potty mouth, would include a well-known musical famous for its "cursing kids" on her opening reel, but on the other hand, even as a Kathy fan, ummmmmmm, she skews a bit too potty mouthed for the well-behaved kid cast of BETM to match her word for word. So maybe no.

tzwicky
lilnahnah
Audience Member

Post by lilnahnah »

WebmasterLK wrote:Has anyone tried the ticket lottery yet? Do they offer discounted tickets for the people who lose? I'm trying the lottery with a friend on Sunday and I'm really hoping that we can at least buy discounted tickets if we lose. I don't have the best luck
If you don't get the lottery, they offer tickets at $40. Hope you get it though!

p.s. there will most likely be more people trying for the lottery because the show is leaving soon. even just last week there were JUST enough people there that I didn't get the lottery.
The thing about the $40 tickets they offered: it's reeeaaalllyyy kind of to the edges of the theater. So you might have a somewhat obstructed view of the stage. I ended up paying just $20 more, and for $60 we got ok seats (still pretty far back but at least we had a view of the whole stage)
Billy tickets are also available on goldstar for $50 and those seats are AWESOME. They're $80 valued seats, so we were in row S or something. Again, good luck!

Return to “Billy Elliot the Musical - N. Amer./Int'l Tour”