Sioux Falls, SD

angelenroute
Billy

Re: Sioux Falls, SD

Post by angelenroute »

Great photo and beautiful theatre, though I see it's another of those unfortunate no-center-aisle ones.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

CJ-Rochester wrote:In answer to my above question, it appears additional performances were added at some point, although never reflected in this thread nor on the forum's main tour schedule thread.

https://www.washingtonpavilion.org/Onli ... nlanguage=
First I have heard of it. I'll change the Tour Schedule thread to reflect the change.

Now done.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
jotunheim
Tall Boy

Post by jotunheim »

angelenroute wrote:Great photo and beautiful theatre, though I see it's another of those unfortunate no-center-aisle ones.
I agree - not a big fan of continental seating either, but Sioux Falls does appear to have a very beautiful theater as you said.

Not to get off topic, but I always thought it was interesting that some of the best theaters around were in smaller cities, at least in my opinion. The Overture Center in Madison, WI and the Ordway Center in St. Paul, MN come to mind around here. Some of the big theaters in New York, Chicago, St. Louis, etc. were a lot of times older but still great with wonderful detailing and very ornate - historic but still very functionally modern. But other well known and large theaters were what I would consider a "dump", in that there were cramped seats, columns or balconies in the way, plaster peeling and way too few restrooms for the patrons. I just saw Book of Mormon in Chicago at the Bank of America theatre last week, and though not horrible, it was definitely in the bottom half of the ones I have visited. The odd thing is that some of the less than ideal theaters get a tremendous amount of traffic and host world class productions for a long time, which seems to be a bit contradictory. Are all these properties too historic to do anything with them, have a lot of local nostalgia, or something else?

Also, can anyone answer if there are any "modern" theaters in the Broadway district in NYC, just for the sake of curiosity? Again, not trying to get off topic but just a simple question...
North American Tour - (15):

Milwaukee, WI - July 2012 - (1): Noah
St. Paul, MN - October 2012 - (4): Ben x2, Zach, Noah
Omaha, NE - December 2012 - (3): Ben x2, Noah
E. Lansing, MI - January 2013 - (3): Mitchell/Ben (split), Drew, Noah
San Diego, CA - May 2013 - (1): Mitchell/Noah (split)
Grand Rapids, MI - June 2013 - (3): Mitchell, Drew, Noah
CJ-Rochester
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by CJ-Rochester »

jotunheim wrote:Also, can anyone answer if there are any "modern" theaters in the Broadway district in NYC, just for the sake of curiosity? Again, not trying to get off topic but just a simple question...
This might be something for a new topic, but the answer is yes. I would consider the Gershwin and Minskoff theatres to be "modern". At least they have a more modern look and feel than some of the very old venues.

Also I believe the Foxwoods Theatre, where Spiderman is playing, was pretty much a complete rebuild of a former theater on that space.
:/
StevenKing
Mrs Wilkinson

Post by StevenKing »

I knew that one day stop was a mistake...took their time correcting it(or for that matter have they corrected it even?)
Todd
Dad

Post by Todd »

jotunheim wrote: Also, can anyone answer if there are any "modern" theaters in the Broadway district in NYC, just for the sake of curiosity? Again, not trying to get off topic but just a simple question...
The Circle in the Square Theater at 50th & Broadway where "Godspell" played last year was definitely more modern, as it was a "theater in the round" as its name implies. The stage was in the middle of the floor with seating going around it on all four sides, somewhat like a basketball arena, only much smaller.

Return to “Billy Elliot the Musical - N. Amer./Int'l Tour”