Kansas City reviews

angelenroute
Billy

Re: Kansas City reviews

Post by angelenroute »

Yay! So glad you're here, missmere! I was absolutely blown away by Drew when I saw him perform in Baltimore, and as you've seen, so is everyone else here when they see him. We obviously support all "our" Billys and make sure no one feels left out, but you've certainly got every right to feel proud, and we welcome your posts here anytime!!!

Welcome! :D

Sean

"Good writers define reality; bad ones merely restate it." -Edward Albee
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Welcome to the forum, missmere. :D So glad you decided to go ahead and register so that you could post. I haven't had the pleasure of seeing Drew yet, but I will be remedying that very soon in Richmond, and I am very much looking forward to it. :D
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
missmere
Audience Member

Post by missmere »

Thank you for your kind welcome, I look forward to more shows and seeing the other Billy's in this elite group of performers!
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

Let me add my welcome to you too, missmere. I'm glad you got to see Drew in action in the show yesterday. Thank you for finally posting after lurking for a while. Please post again when you can. This forum is more fun when you're active participant.

And THANK YOU for contributing your knowledge and teaching skills to help make Drew the wonderful Billy he is today. You have every right to be proud of him.
jdmag44
Michael

Post by jdmag44 »

Kansas City Sun Mat. MITCHELL/SAM (almost Jake)

My heart was pounding getting to see the two new Billies. Drew was so spectacular I wondered could Mitchell be that good too.?? When Jake rode in on his bike he got his foot caught on something and almost fell off. When the boxing scene began Sam was in the role of Michael so Jake must have injured himself.

I know only a few of you have seen Mitchell. My jaw dropped when he entered with Rich. I said to myself Oh my God he is just a little boy!!! And I must say all through the show I keep thinking "He is just a little boy" He is as cute as a button as they say. Quite an impact. His voice is the voice of a little boy so it is endearing when he sings. BUT what really struck me right away was his acting. He must have taken lessons from Ben. This kid is a fantastic actor - so very very expressive. They say the key to great acting is to make it look NOT like acting but natural. That's what he did. Just great!
The emotional impact is off the scale with this little,vulnerable kid,with out his mother and with a dream not shared by anyone is spectacular
The big baby that I am - I was in tears at the letter. Well now I wondered can he deliver in the big dancing numbers? Stupid me , he would not have gotten the role if he couldn't do that. Again his small stature made his dancing even more awesome. To be so very good at this young age is incredible.
OH THE TOUR IS LOADED WITH SO MUCH TALENT. Do whatever it takes to see these two new Billies.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Lots of "mini" reviews of the Kansas City show at this link:

http://reviews.ticketmaster.com/7171/11 ... eviews.htm
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
dongringo
Debbie

Post by dongringo »

ERinVA wrote:Lots of "mini" reviews of the Kansas City show at this link:

http://reviews.ticketmaster.com/7171/11 ... eviews.htm
I especially like this quote from one of the reviews:

"The talent of the young man who portrayed Billy was totally kick ass and amazing!" :)
.......__o
.......\ <,
....( )/ ( )

Return to “Reviews - N. American/International Tour”