Peoria Reviews

jdmag44
Michael

Peoria Reviews

Post by jdmag44 »

TUESDAY EVE. DREW/SAM

Civic Center is gigantic. Very nice theatre. I was told there were 1,000 seats sold for tonight.
I almost did not recognize Drew. His hair is so much longer. He was on the top of his game. His dancing was flawless,breathtaking. I just can,t say enough about this amazing STAR he is something to see. The audience was a little slow to respond but went wild in the second half, laughing and cheering,giving a standing O and staying on their feet through the whole finale. They really liked George and he got applause after his funny little dance. It was a great show. I,m tired and going to bed. I think I might sleep most of the day. There is NOTHING to do in this City.

Joe
Todd
Dad

Re: Peoria Reviews

Post by Todd »

jdmag44 wrote: There is NOTHING to do in this City.
Joe
Not so fast, Joe ! I'd make it a point to dine at this fine-looking eatery - ranked # 2 restaurant in Peoria on tripadvisor.com ! :shock: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_R ... inois.html
cws8998
Ballet Girl

Post by cws8998 »

"Finally..." The most rousing and prolonged audience reception I can ever remember for an "Electricity" as performed by Drew this evening. His performance was emotionally powerful beyond words, and the audience's sustained response actually sent chills down my spine. While watching him, the audience's standing "O" and loud response was not totally unexpected, as I knew during the execution of his dance, something very special was taking place. So thrilled and proud of him!

A broad review and complete summation of the Peoria experience upon my return to Indiana Friday.

Colin
jdmag44
Michael

Post by jdmag44 »

Todd wrote:
"Not so fast, Joe ! I'd make it a point to dine at this fine-looking eatery - ranked # 2 restaurant in Peoria on tripadvisor.com !
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_R ... inois.html

Thanks you are a life saver. What an elegant restaurant.
TOO FUNNY actually I am amazed that its actually true #2 lol

Today I am going to see if I can get a tour of the Post Office

Joe
Todd
Dad

Post by Todd »

jdmag44 wrote:
Today I am going to see if I can get a tour of the Post Office

Joe
Nice idea . . .hope they "deliver" a fine tour there ! :lol:
jdmag44
Michael

Post by jdmag44 »

WED. EVE. NOAH/SAM

What a great night. The entire cast was "Wired". So energetic and fresh like it was all new. Pati Perkins did the most expressive and dynamic performance of We,d Go Dancing I have ever seen her do. Janet Dickinson, who always delivers, was the most intense and energetic I have ever seen her. At the heart of this great energy was Noah. Great emotion,wonderfully
Expressive,fiery and defiant,vulnerable and shy,joyful at times,even playful. What a range he has. Add to that Noah,s beautiful singing voice and his brilliant dancing and WOW. The audience was enthusiastic and very responsive and knew they were seeing something special.

Joe
jdmag44
Michael

Post by jdmag44 »

WE'D. EVE. POST SHOW. Meet and Greet the Cast. Q&A

About 50 people stayed for this session. It was a panel of six young cast members.
Sam,Noah,Jake, and three ballet girls. The questions were the usual. How did you get started in dance and theater? What is your day like. What is your favorite part of the show ? What is it like traveling? Noah and Sam were very articulate and said pretty much what we have heard before in interviews. The Ballet girls talked a lot about their friendships and how the cast is like "Family". Jake was very funny - no stock answers from him - When asked his favorite subject in school he paused,gave a puzzled look and said "None,really!"
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by kport »

Thanks, Joe, for your great reviews! It is good to hear that they cast is doing so well in Peoria. Your last observation about Jake's comment rings true - he is a great Michael - who brings a dry wit that belies a vulnerability in Michael's character.
jdmag44
Michael

Post by jdmag44 »

I think I am beginning to "warm up" to Peoria. I have met a number of really wonderful people as I searched for something to do or see. Think I managed to get a few to go see the show. On Tuesday night I chatted with one of the ushers and the next night I saw her and another usher in the lobby with tickets. They Said seeing a little of the show they just had to come back and see the whole thing.
Wed night I was hanging out in thee lobby and in walked Drew and his mom. I took a quick moment to compliment Drew on the previous night 's performance and asked if they knew of the forum. Drew's mom gave me a big smile and said Oh yes they are so wonderfully supportive of the show. I am learning that most if not all of the cast check us out. I am so glad.
jdmag44
Michael

Post by jdmag44 »

THURSDAY MAT - MITCHELL/JAKE
THURSDAY EVE - BEN/SAM

Well what a contrast. The newest little one and the senior tall one.

Mitchell is a treasure. What a little ball of fire. I really enjoy watching him. His acting is so natural,and his little boy singing voice and wide-eyed expressions create a Billy who captures your heart.

Our country has Ben Frankklin. London has Big Ben, the acting world has Ben Aflick and Ben Kingsley but BETM has Ben Cook.
I for one am so glad that this very seasoned professional has survived all these years,escaping the usual "death by height or voice change" to the ripe old age of 15+. Aren't we fortunate?

I noticed that at the last few shows I have seen they have cut the reference to Billy's age (no mater who was playing Billy) saying only "What's wrong with giving him a childhood?" Ben may have gotten taller but his singing voice is still pure and sweet and he still easily fits the role,which he has polished and refined in such creative ways as to take the role of Billy Elliot to amazing heights. I can't think of any other performer who has given so much,over so many years and in so many ways , as Ben Cook. If this sound like a tribute to Ben - IT IS! In the BETM world Ben deserves a "Lifetime Achievement Award"

Joe

Return to “Reviews - N. American/International Tour”