Seating Plans

NIKKIE-NIKKIE
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Seating Plans

Post by NIKKIE-NIKKIE »

CAN YOU PM JOHNH WITH YOUR SEAT NUMBERS FOR THE 28th NOVEMBER PLEASE

1) Only seat number's PM'd to JohnH direct will be included. Thus we know you are happy to be added, and you understand that other forum member's will know where you are sitting, this mean you can all introduce yourselves to each other if you so wish.

2) Only forum members will be listed in the seating plan.

3) Only those on the seating plan will be sent the link.

4) For those members 16 years and under please check that your parent/guardian is happy for you to be included and denote this in your PM please.

5) Please denote if your seat is in the stalls, dress circle, etc

6) ADMIN/MODs will all be denoted in RED so you can pinpoint them easier.

Seat Numbers required by 9pm Wednesday 25th . Last update to the seating plan will be 10pm Wednesday 25th
Take life with a pinch of salt.....a slice of lime, and a shot of tequila.
JohnH
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Re: Seating Plans

Post by JohnH »

Printing the seating plan

By default both Internet Explorer & Firefox will not print background colours. Normally this is a good idea as it saves expensive colour inks and makes the page look better on black & white printers. However, this isn't much good if you want to print a copy of the seating plan.

Here is what you need to do to print a copy of the seating plan. I suggest you turn this back off after you have printed a copy.

For Internet Explorer:
Click on the Tools menu and select Internet Options. Click on the Advanced tab. Scroll down the list until you find 'Print background colors and images'. Tick the box and click OK. Close IE and re-open it.

For Firefox:
Click on the File menu and select Page Setup. Tick the box beside 'Print Background (colours & images)'. Click OK

Your seating plan should now print out in colour. :)
tankntonic
Ballet Girl

Post by tankntonic »

I have a question about the VPT seating. Looking at the seating plan, the seats near the stage are cheaper than say 10 rows back, Is this because the stage blocks the audiance' view ? If it does, how badly ?
I really like to sit close, since my vision is not great, but I do not want to fly to London and have bad seats .
Any suggestions from the UK ?
Thanks, David
johnnyc
Mr Braithwaite

Post by johnnyc »

The stage is high enough that people sitting in the first few rows cannot see the dancers' feet. Also, unless you are tall, you will be straining your neck having to look upward to see the action on stage.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

I am quite short, and I have never felt neck strain sitting in rows A or B. I like sitting there because I like to see the facial expressions. However, as johnnyc says, you can't always see the feet, and in the part where the ballet girls and Billy do exercises lying on the floor, you lose some of the ones who are toward the back. Since I am very familiar with the show, these things do not really bother me, and the seats are a good value for the money.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

I agree with ERinVA. I have never suffered from neck strain from sitting in the front rows.

tankntonic. If you are planning on seeing the show more than once then try sitting in both areas as it is interesting to see the show from different areas.
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
johnnyc
Mr Braithwaite

Post by johnnyc »

I've overheard complaints from some people sitting in rows A and B of the Victoria Palace about the strain of having to look up to see the action, so I gather that some people are bothered by the high stage, even though Billy Whiz and ERinVA (and probably many others) are not.
Brad
George

Post by Brad »

nothing wrong with the front row at all - especially that special seat right on the aisle :lol:
Cheers

Brad
tankntonic
Ballet Girl

Post by tankntonic »

Thanks, everyone..I think I will follow BillyWhiz advice and do one of each !
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

That is good advice. Then you can let us know what you preferred.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.

Return to “Ticketing, Theatre, and Visitor information - London”