Site Admin

Victoria Palace Renovations

Post by ERinVA »

Here's a look inside the VPT as renovations are underway:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/stagedoor ... 6951214615
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
angelenroute
Billy

Re: Victoria Palace Renovations

Post by angelenroute »

While the feelings aren't the same for me, having only been there one time, I imagine for many, this is kind of like watching a loved one go under the knife.

"Good writers define reality; bad ones merely restate it." -Edward Albee
patc
Mrs Wilkinson

Post by patc »

angelenroute wrote:While the feelings aren't the same for me, having only been there one time, I imagine for many, this is kind of like watching a loved one go under the knife.
It's worse than that. It's like watching a loved one go "deep into the ground".

Pat
Todd
Dad

Post by Todd »

It's probably a good thing that I can't even tell what I'm looking at in some of those renovation pictures. It would be more sad if there were captions that said, "Here's where the stage used to be" and "Here's where the lobby used to be."
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

Thanks to dancingboy for sending in this very recent photo of the Victoria Palace Theatre. It's hard to believe that there is a theatre under all that scaffolding but I am assured by dancingboy that there is :)

Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
AirplaneGuy2013
Audience Member

Post by AirplaneGuy2013 »

I hope they get to come back here. Does anyone know where they will be resettling production?
Purposeful Endeavor
CJ-Rochester
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by CJ-Rochester »

AirplaneGuy2013 wrote:I hope they get to come back here. Does anyone know where they will be resettling production?
Hamilton is slated to open at the VPT starting in the fall of 2017. If/when BETM returns to London, it will probably be at another venue.

I see you are new here. Welcome to the forum, AirplaneGuy2013. :D
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

Thanks once again to dancingboy for sending me this up-to-date photo of the Victoria Palace Theatre. It looks like they are getting the advertising in early for Hamilton.

Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
dancingboy
Billy

Post by dancingboy »

Hamilton is due to start in October/November 2017
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

I'll go and see it. As long as the seats are not $850 like in NYC :)

Return to “Ticketing, Theatre, and Visitor information - London”