Re: John Peter Viernes--Billy: Chicago, Toronto and US Tour

Post by kport »

Congratulations, JP! :D
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

Congratulations on 2 years of Playing Billy, JP!!
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

J.P. appeared with Leah Hocking on the show "San Antonio Living" on NBC Channel 4 today to talk about the show:

http://www.woai.com/mediacenter/local.a ... id=3383519
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

JP and Kylend are interviewed by NBC4, the NBC affliliate for Los Angeles and Southern California:

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/video/#!/o ... /150701155
muck912
Tall Boy

Post by muck912 »

On his public tumblr J.P. confirms that this is his final week in the show. "I'm too old and I've done it for so long."

J.P.'s tumblr is: transmissionsfromhotels.tumblr.com
muck912
Tall Boy

Post by muck912 »

On Zach Manske's public formspring page he says that J.P.'s final performance will be Sunday night. I hope that forum members who are in the LA area will go and write a review of what will certainly be a fantastic night.
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

Congratulations on 174 Shows as Billy, JP, as you perform the role for the final time tonight!!
rootbeer
Small Boy

Post by rootbeer »

See ya JP!
Broadway
06/27/09: David A./David B.
Tour
12/07/11: Lex/Jacob
12/11/11: JP/Jacob
cws8998
Ballet Girl

Post by cws8998 »

"HISTORICAL CONTRIBUTION"

I simply feel compelled to pay tribute to this magnificent talent particularly since his long tenure as Billy has come to an end. I do consider myself most fortunate in being one of those who experienced his debut at the Oriental in Chicago; as well as a number of performances there; subsequently through Toronto, and then in many venues along the way of the National Tour.

I vividly recall his silent battles in establishing his autheticity amongst some audience members in being miscast due to his ethnicity, and on a couple occasions, when matching his picture in the Playbill to the insert for that performance, suggestions that they were seeing an understudy that day. What a joy it was for me to engage those folks in conversation in order to set the record straight by educating them on the selection, training, and extraordinary talent they were fortunate to be seeing in JP's performance.

Never to be overlooked was the precious message that Billy was attempting to convey in his desire to nuture his budding talent in being "all that he can be" despite so many obstacles he had to overcome on his journey. And between you, me and the fence post, given the dozen performances of the show I've seen, no one delivered those messages more brilliantly than did JP. The debth of His anguish, his expressions of passion and determination could not help but command your utmost attention every moment he was on stage...he would never allow you to let go of the emotions he was experiencing. So proficient was he in his absolute execution, You could miss so much if for a moment you took your eyes off him.

Indeed, Billies will come and go...each with their own interpretations of the role...each extraordinary in providing us pure joy in what we were viewing. Well, allow me this moment of profound gratitude for JP's unbending contributions to BETM which never for a moment wavered in all the performances I saw him. His passion was always mine to share and I will continue to carry his expressions as a standard in each subsiquent performance I anticipate seeing.

All my best to the future of this remarkable young man.

Colin W. Stetson

Return to “Cast - N. American/International Tour”