Ticket for a West End show? That'll be £200

For off-topic content
Darth_Revan
Ballet Girl

Re: Ticket for a West End show? That'll be £200

Post by Darth_Revan »

LiamM wrote:I really don't get online booking fees. It surely costs them less to sell a ticket online than it does to pay someone to staff a box office or call center. So, why is there often an extra fee to book online?
How about this? It's free to pick up the ticket at the box office, but they charge you 2.50 if you print it at home.

Seriously, what's the reason behind it?!

It was Il Sistina Theatre in Rome.

They charged a "presale fee" of 7.50 for each ticket and a "service fee" of 7.02 per transaction, so for the two tickets (€50 each) I paid 22.02 euro booking fee.
---
István
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by kport »

I always find it best to check seat availability online, then phone the VPT to buy it. Much cheaper.

The same goes when you select a single seat, and the computer says 'No'............'You have to choose a pair, you greedy single person'. I phone up, say I want one BB17 seat, and buy it, with no surcharge. No problem. I say 'No' to the computer!!
Darth_Revan
Ballet Girl

Post by Darth_Revan »

kport wrote: The same goes when you select a single seat, and the computer says 'No'............'You have to choose a pair, you greedy single person'. I phone up, say I want one BB17 seat, and buy it, with no surcharge. No problem. I say 'No' to the computer!!
you're lucky. I tried that once, but I was told they could not help me as they were unable to book a single seat from a pair of seat left. :(
---
István

Return to “General Chat”