Ant and Dec's Saturday Night Takeaway

emcpow
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Ant and Dec's Saturday Night Takeaway

Post by emcpow »

According to this article the cast of Billy Elliot will appear on Ant and Dec's Saturday Night Takeaway next Saturday (26th March).

http://thisisthelatest.com/2016/03/mark ... -26-march/
And for one night only the cast of the West End musical Billy Elliot teach Little Ant & Dec to ballet dance in the cutest End of the Show Show EVER
emcpow
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Ant and Dec's Saturday Night Takeaway

Post by emcpow »

This will be on ITV1 at 6pm next Saturday.
Fishcake
Small Boy

Post by Fishcake »

Really excited to watch this tonight. The kids are super excited x
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

It should be fun.

For those who will miss it or live outside of the UK it should be posted on ITV's Catch Up site tomorrow. If you are outside of the UK you may need a VPN to watch it though.
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
Real Geordie
Ballet Girl

Post by Real Geordie »

Flyin high
Small Boy

Post by Flyin high »

Thanks for posting the link. I only recorded the second half of the show, assuming it would be at the end, so managed to miss it.

This was really fun! Impressed with Ant and Dec and little Ant and Dec for learning some of the routines. Loved how they must've got the t-shirts made especially!
Bridget40
Tall Boy

Post by Bridget40 »

I've just watched the clip on Youtube and seeing as I am immune to the wonderful talent of 'Ant & Dec' I am a little confused. Who are the two Billy's either side of Euan? Was it a charity thing? Was it supposed to be funny?

I can testify to the amazing talent that is on display at The VPT at the moment.The whole cast is on fire, especially The Billy's, Michaels and Debbies. Why when they appear on T.V are they never allowed to show this amazing talent? This skit does not represent what I see on stage at The VPT very well at all. In fact it was naff!!!!! Just like 'Ant & Dec' themselves
Flyin high
Small Boy

Post by Flyin high »

Bridget40 wrote:I've just watched the clip on Youtube and seeing as I am immune to the wonderful talent of 'Ant & Dec' I am a little confused. Who are the two Billy's either side of Euan? Was it a charity thing? Was it supposed to be funny?

I can testify to the amazing talent that is on display at The VPT at the moment.The whole cast is on fire, especially The Billy's, Michaels and Debbies. Why when they appear on T.V are they never allowed to show this amazing talent? This skit does not represent what I see on stage at The VPT very well at all. In fact it was naff!!!!! Just like 'Ant & Dec' themselves
I don't watch Ant and Dec either but happened to catch the end of it last week, and gather that they do a regular 'End of the show show' feature to close their programme. This (from what I can gather) involves them taking part in a musical theatre numbers alongside the cast. Yes it's more of a skit than an opportunity to market and 'show off' the show in question. Normally it's just Ant and Dec but this week they included their sons (little Ant and Dec) too, clearly because of the child cast aspect of BETM. I totally agree with you that didn't showcase the wonderful talents of the cast and I would've loved to see Euan do some proper dancing. It's more of a feature to show off the 'hidden talents' of A&D. I took it as a little bit of fun and just really enjoyed seeing the cast on tv. Also a nice opportunity for the ballet girls to feature more heavily than we usually see in this kind of thing.
Sheepdog
Tall Boy

Post by Sheepdog »

nice opportunity for the ballet girls to feature more heavily than we usually see
... hear! hear! They are SO good, and the show would be so different without them... but they never get a "proper" moment in the spotlight. Perhaps the curtain calls could have been done differently, to give them that? Ah well.

Apparently the two little kids are regularly a part of the "Takeaway" show... supposed to be Ant and Dec's juvenile alter egos. Somehow doubt that they are their sons.
KeefyM
Michael

Post by KeefyM »

Flyin high wrote:
Bridget40 wrote:I've just watched the clip on Youtube and seeing as I am immune to the wonderful talent of 'Ant & Dec' I am a little confused. Who are the two Billy's either side of Euan? Was it a charity thing? Was it supposed to be funny?

I don't watch Ant and Dec either but happened to catch the end of it last week, and gather that they do a regular 'End of the show show' feature to close their programme. This (from what I can gather) involves them taking part in a musical theatre numbers alongside the cast. Yes it's more of a skit than an opportunity to market and 'show off' the show in question. Normally it's just Ant and Dec but this week they included their sons (little Ant and Dec) too, clearly because of the child cast aspect of BETM. I totally agree with you that didn't showcase the wonderful talents of the cast and I would've loved to see Euan do some proper dancing. It's more of a feature to show off the 'hidden talents' of A&D. I took it as a little bit of fun and just really enjoyed seeing the cast on tv. Also a nice opportunity for the ballet girls to feature more heavily than we usually see in this kind of thing.

The 'Two Billys' with Euan weren't Billys but Little Ant & Dec who are not Big Ant and Dec's sons (A&D and their wives do not have any children) but just two Geordie lads from Newcastle (just like Big Ant and Dec) who were chosen to play the part of Little A&D back in 2013 when the series returned to ITV after a 4 year break (as Big Ant & Dec were doing other tv projects during that time). Little Ant & Dec are always part of Sat Night Takeaway with them doing various things throughout the show, usually asking celebrities and Hollywood A listers cheeky questions in pre-recorded interviews, although that hasn't featured much in this series and they've been included in other parts of the live show instead, including a few of The End of the Show Shows (or in Billy's case - The Middle of the Show).

The End of the Show Show is not always musical theatre as it just happened to be BETM this week and Mamma Mia and Mowtown last week but it can be anything as a few weeks ago it was A&D singing with pop star Jess Glynne, then another week it was a Wild West Showdown with A&D acting out fight scenes. The End of the Show Show usually involves Ant and Dec having to learn something for the show (in the case of BETM, the dancing/routine) but can be anything from them learning the piano to learning to drum to be a Drum Corp to performing Shakespeare with legendary actor Simon Callow, so the whole idea of The End of the Show Show is to 'show off' what Ant and Dec have learned for that part of the show rather than it being a showcase for a musical (or anything else). It is Ant & Dec's show so they are entitled to 'show off' and have The End of The Show Show as a feature about them to show off 'hidden talents' and what they have learned.

Return to “Chat about Billy Elliot the Musical - London”