Ethan Major - Michael/Tall Boy & Posh Boy

kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Ethan Major - Michael/Tall Boy & Posh Boy

Post by kport »

ERinVA wrote:
CJ-Rochester wrote:This will be the end of a nearly 4 year unbroken run of Canadian boys appearing in various productions of BETM. See ya Ethan!
While Ethan has Canadian roots, he is not from Canada so far as I know. Of course, I don't have any idea about his citizenship, so I could be wrong.
From the BillyElliotTour page:

'Ethan Major is a Canadian American born in Texas and currently lives in a suburb of Atlanta, Georgia.'

It is entirely possible and legal to hold dual nationality (I do). Ethan may not have elected to exercise his right to be a Canadian (as well as a US) citizen, but if not he can do so at any time once he had reached his majority. Since he was born in the US, one has to deduce from the tour comment that at least one of his parents - or grandparents - is Canadian. My sons are in the same position, but in the UK. The have elected to hold dual nationality, which gives them rights to live and work without visas or restrictions in the US, UK and 27 EU countries.

The world has become global, and Ethan may be quite fortunate.
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by kport »

kport wrote:
ERinVA wrote:
CJ-Rochester wrote:This will be the end of a nearly 4 year unbroken run of Canadian boys appearing in various productions of BETM. See ya Ethan!
While Ethan has Canadian roots, he is not from Canada so far as I know. Of course, I don't have any idea about his citizenship, so I could be wrong.
From the BillyElliotTour page:

'Ethan Major is a Canadian American born in Texas and currently lives in a suburb of Atlanta, Georgia.'

It is entirely possible and legal to hold dual nationality (I do). Ethan may not have elected to exercise his right to be a Canadian (as well as a US) citizen, but if not he can do so at any time once he had reached his majority. Since he was born in the US, one has to deduce from the tour comment that at least one of his parents - or grandparents - is Canadian. My sons are in the same position, but in the UK. The have elected to hold dual nationality, which gives them rights to live and work without visas or restrictions in the US, UK and 27 EU countries.

The world has become global, and Ethan may be quite fortunate.
Forgot to add - at least one other Billy alum, Daniel Russell, is in the same position (Australian and US parents). Australia has the same treaty with the US as Canada and the UK.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Ethan's grandfather is Canadian. I had the pleasure of a very nice conversation with him, Ethan, and Ethan's mother at the Louisville airport back in early July as we were all waiting for a plane to Charlotte, from where we would connect respectively to Virginia and Georgia. Since his grandfather is Canadian, it would make sense that either his mom or dad is Canadian. I was not quite clear as to whether this grandfather was paternal or maternal, but I think it was the paternal side.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
CJ-Rochester
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by CJ-Rochester »

His dad, Greg Major, is from Ontario. KiwiT and I had a very nice conversation with him before one of the shows in Boston in early August. Greg told us Ethan does not yet hold a Canadian passport, even though he technically has dual citizenship.
:/
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by kport »

CJ-Rochester wrote:His dad, Greg Major, is from Ontario. KiwiT and I had a very nice conversation with him before one of the shows in Boston in early August. Greg told us Ethan does not yet hold a Canadian passport, even though he technically has dual citizenship.
Lucky young man.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Yes. Dual citizenship certainly has its advantages.
Ellen

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
angelenroute
Billy

Post by angelenroute »

Kate Hennessey's blog indicates that Ethan's last show is this evening.

http://kathennessey.photographyblogsite ... headshots/
Ethan Major plays his final show as Michael in the national tour of Billy Elliot the musical tonight!

This kid’s energy is amazing, yet under all that zany fun, he is a real sweet kid, who’s ready to take on the next great challenge.

Here are some of the shots from our fantastically fun shoot last week, including one shot as a bully. Don’t you think he’d make a brilliant bully in a movie?!

Break Legs on your final show Ethan! We’ll miss you.
Bon voyage, Ethan and thank you for adding your talents to our favorite show!

Sean

"Good writers define reality; bad ones merely restate it." -Edward Albee
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Ethan is featured in this article about the Children's Acting Academy:

http://broadwayworld.com/article/Oona-L ... s-20121228
Ellen

angelenroute
Billy

Post by angelenroute »

I stopped by Thommie's dance class in Manhattan recently to help others wish him a happy birthday, and Ethan was there in the class. "Hey! Weren't you Michael in Billy Elliot??!!" I asked him. His face lit up, so happy to be recognized for that. :D He's a really sweet kid and I wish him all the best!

"Good writers define reality; bad ones merely restate it." -Edward Albee
CJ-Rochester
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by CJ-Rochester »

Ethan is starring in a new short film When Tomorrow Comes, due out this year.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8215622/

Return to “Cast - N. American/International Tour”