Audience Reviews @ Curve Theatre Facebook

Real Geordie
Ballet Girl

Audience Reviews @ Curve Theatre Facebook

Post by Real Geordie »

Comments from paying audience members, taken from the Curve Facebook account. Interestingly most were familiar with the original West End production, and have seen, or intend to see, this interpretation more than once.

Brian Cantwell - Having just returned from Leicester I thought I would put my personal review/observation about the new show so I hope you find it interesting. We saw 2 shows, last night and today's matinee and it is very well done. Don't expect a copy of the London show, they are too limited to replicate it and it has been somewhat 'truncated' down. The story line is obviously the same and is well portrayed in a new way working with a new set and layout. The 2 Billys we saw, Samuel and Jaden were excellent, bringing their own 'touches' to the role, as was the whole cast. The energy, excitement and enthusiasm from the many new young cast members is great to see and the professional adult cast put in such great performances to keep this show at the top of its game. Given the limited rehearsal time and Covid interruptions the company have pulled together a very good reworked portrayal and I know many die hard fans are dying to see what has been done with it. Be open minded and accept how the 'new' version comes across but for the many who saw the London and touring shows be prepared for the changes that have been introduced. For anyone seeing this show for the first time, they will be blown away about how good a portrayal this is of the difficult times in the mining community and Billy's fight to be able to become a ballet dancer. A short limited run so if you get a chance to go and see the show I hope you will not be disappointed.

Nic Jane - We’ve just seen the 1pm show today and travelled from North Yorkshire. I think this has to be one of the best pieces of theatre I’ve seen. I’ve seen the original west end version and this show tops it. It really does. Well done to all involved.

Monika Richards : We came at 1pm today & the show did not disappoint, it was OUTSTANDING! A fantastic production with amazing talent. Well done, everyone involved. Going to book again before it closes

Elspeth Allison ; The most fabulous production ever and I’ve seen many - absolutely out of this world and thank goodness I booked to see it again this week. Well done Curve 💯 - I saw West Side Story last year - again another first class production and best since I first saw it in 1958 in London! I’m so impressed with this theatre

Return to “Reviews - Curve Leicester”