2010 Tony Awards

Chat about other shows here
CJ-Rochester
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

2010 Tony Awards

Post by CJ-Rochester »

The nominations have been announced this morning.

http://www.tonyawards.com/en_US/nominees/index.html

I'm happy to see the revival of La Cage did so well. I saw it three weeks ago when it was still in previews and enjoyed it very much.
:/
phoebe
Debbie

Re: 2010 Tony Awards

Post by phoebe »

Has anyone heard any news about who will be presenting the Leading Actress in a Musical award? ;)
CJ-Rochester
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by CJ-Rochester »

Overall I wasn't too impressed with the show itself. Partly it was due to this being a ho-hum season. I thought the best performance of the evening was Lea Michele (singing "Don't Rain on my Parade"), who wasn't even up for an award.

I did think Sean Hayes made a good host for the show. For those who didn't watch the broadcast, Sean appeared in costume as various Broadway characters, including this occasion to lampoon Billy Elliot. :D
http://www.queerty.com/is-that-a-tony-a ... -20100614/
:/
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

phoebe wrote:Has anyone heard any news about who will be presenting the Leading Actress in a Musical award? ;)
Actually, I watched the show off and on, and saw CZJ accept her award, but I could not tell you who presented it for the life of me!

Interesting comment about the sound system, Cha. Last year, at the beginning of the show with Elton and the Billys, it took several bars before Elton's mic kicked in. You would think they could have worked out the sound problems by now. :roll:
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
Safuza
Ballet Girl

Post by Safuza »

ERinVA wrote:
phoebe wrote:Has anyone heard any news about who will be presenting the Leading Actress in a Musical award? ;)
Actually, I watched the show off and on, and saw CZJ accept her award, but I could not tell you who presented it for the life of me!

Interesting comment about the sound system, Cha. Last year, at the beginning of the show with Elton and the Billys, it took several bars before Elton's mic kicked in. You would think they could have worked out the sound problems by now. :roll:
Bebe Neuwirth and Nathan Lane presented both Lead Actor and Lead Actress. HILARIOUS! :lol:
My VERY impressive Billy Track record:
....Kiril.....X1
Oh yeah! It's a record breaker and you know it!
...*sigh*...Why, oh why must Broadway be so far away! =(
phoebe
Debbie

Post by phoebe »

My point was about the Billy trio presenting.
They were not invited, and, in fact, I've heard that they were directly told that they were not asked to be in this years' awards ceremony because they wanted big names to attract a wider TV audience. If you ask me, the producers goofed. Who wouldn't want to see how much they've grown and matured in a year? Plus, the show could've used more in the teen-appeal category!

Good point, ERinVA about the sound system! I'd forgotten until you mentioned it that they had a problem with that last year, too.
HugsY2k
Tall Boy

Post by HugsY2k »

Been attending the Tonys the last 6 years. As some of you are aware, last year I got really lucky with an (awesome) orchestra ticket. This year, I was chosen as a seatfiller. I was placed on the musical side and ended up sitting with the Memphis cast at one point and it was fantastical.

Greg was on the play side -opposite where my group was stationed. Otherwise, it would have been really cool if I were to keep his seat warm. -hehe

Yea, too bad the Billys weren't there ... other than Alex who believed tweeted he was there. I didn't see run into him tho. However, Geridith ran into me a lot as she worked the Tonys this year. Yayyyy.
Broadway/London/US Tour, including Canada
Performances Attended: a number between 150-200 :)
Billys: 32
Michaels: 20

last update: June 2013
StevenKing
Mrs Wilkinson

Post by StevenKing »

Why yes Hugs I do have a vauge memory of your great seat last year. :D

Steven

Ps Thanks again. :D
phoebe
Debbie

Post by phoebe »

Lucky Geridth and Hugs!
He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes; he who does not ask remains a fool forever.
- Chinese proverb

Return to “Discuss all other Shows - New York”