'London Theatre Orchestra and Cast' recording

Born to Boogie
Tall Boy

'London Theatre Orchestra and Cast' recording

Post by Born to Boogie »

I was setting up my new laptop today and had to go onto iTunes and Spotify to transfer music files etc and stumbled across this recording whilst I was there:

http://itunes.apple.com/gb/album/billy- ... d482390318

Maybe I've missed something but I wasn't aware that there was a recording available by another Company or version of the production other than the Original Cast Recording. It's obviously, from listening to it on Spotify, not the professional cast. I'd be interested to know who 'The London Theatre Orchestra and Cast' are. Anyone any knowledge of this?
rob_hanson1979
George

Re: 'London Theatre Orchestra and Cast' recording

Post by rob_hanson1979 »

I saw this too and listened to a few clips on iTunes. It just doesn't have the same.... electricity as the original casts recording does.
I don't really know when it was released or the background behind it. I was tempted to buy it... but..... so far I haven't.
LiamM
Technical Advisor
Technical Advisor

Re: 'London Theatre Orchestra and Cast' recording

Post by LiamM »

That same company has made recordings for a bunch of other shows. I think they are using that name to confuse people into thinking it is the original cast or otherwise connected with the show. It sounds like Billy Elliot meets elevator music to me. It's no substitute for the original cast recording.

Return to “Chat about Billy Elliot the Musical - London”