Re: Hotels & Dining - New York

Post by BEfan »

thank you erinva and mrmikerocks :)
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Are you looking at coming to the final show, BEfan? If so, the rates at a lot of hotels are pretty decent (by NY standards) at that time. Check out the Comfort Inn Times Square. Rich B and I got a pretty good price for our rooms there.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
Steamboy
Tall Boy

Post by Steamboy »

Has anyone tried the Milford Plaza or Econolodge recently? They're running about $115/night at the moment.... Next tier up is 125-135 (Chelsea Lodge, Washington-Jefferson, a few others), after that it's $150 and up.

I just ran through most of the thread, looking at a four-night final weekend Billython.
Rich B
Technical Advisor
Technical Advisor

Post by Rich B »

Scott,
I've stayed at the Econolodge.
Pros - real close to the theatre, continental breakfast included
Cons - small rooms, firehouse across the street, which, when I was there, averaged about one call every hour during the night. And yes, they blasted their sirens on each call. Not the best hotel for a light sleeper.

I'd pay a little more and book at a Comfort Inn.
mrmikerocks
Miner

Post by mrmikerocks »

I stayed at the Econolodge as well. Nice hotel. Small room though. The noise was a factor but I was so tired from the day that I didn't hear a sound. Also, I wouldn't really consider the breakfast as a selling point. It was yogurt and toast mostly.
BEfan
Small Boy

Post by BEfan »

I found this topic very helpful in planning my trip to NYC, thank you all!!!!!!
rob_hanson1979
George

Post by rob_hanson1979 »

I had a really hard time finding good rates when I was in NYC. We ended up staying in Jersey cause it was so much better.
That being said, the htl was excellent and it was a 20 minute bus ride to the Port Authority. But I really wasn't able to find anything under about $300 a night when I was there.
That money was much better spent on broadway shows!
mikey2573
Tall Boy

Post by mikey2573 »

THe Hotel St. James is right on 45th street, about 2 blocks from the Imperial. Nice hotel. It still can be pricey --but not as bad as some other hotels in the city. And the location is perfect!
However, if you really want to save money get a hotel outside the city. I usually stay in one of the many hotels in Stamford CT. Usually less than $100 a night. Just take the Metro NOrth to Grand Central. I can stay in Stamford for two nights (including 2 roundtrip tickets to GCT) for less than one night in NYC.
(Right now Hotels.com has the St James at $143 a night)
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

I have stayed at the St. James. It is excellently located, and as you say, it is one of the less expensive hotels around Times Square, but as with all of the Midtown hotels, the price fluctuates quite a bit depending on the time of year.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.

Return to “Ticketing & Theatre information - Broadway”