How to purchase BOX SEATS at the Imperial?

Questions about tickets, seating and accessibility
mikey2573
Tall Boy

How to purchase BOX SEATS at the Imperial?

Post by mikey2573 »

These are my favorite seats because I can actually move my chair and I have room to stretch my legs. But, other than walking up to the box office at the Imperial Theater, how does one purchase these seats? They don't seem to be available online. Any help would be appreciated.
LiamM
Technical Advisor
Technical Advisor

Re: How to purchase BOX SEATS at the Imperial?

Post by LiamM »

I got a discount box seat at the tkts booth once, but that will probably not help you any since if one can get to tkts, one can get to the regular box office. You could try phoning Telecharge and asking for box seats. The phone often works better than the web site in my experience.

Having said that, I personally don't like the box seats. The one I got was sold as restricted view and they really meant it. A substantial triangle of the stage of out of view, much more than a restricted view orchestra-level seat. However, the box seats do offer a backstage view during Maggie; you can see some costume changes and prop handling.
12pesos
Audience Member

Post by 12pesos »

Broadway theaters generally only let patrons buy box seats at the box office, so there isn't a way to buy them online.

mikey2573, are you interested in a particular day? If you are, I live in NYC and could potentially help you out by buying them for you if you wanted to meet me and pay me back or something.

If you happen to be interested for the last performance on Jan. 8, I have a pair for the house right front box that I have been trying to sell. Let me know if you are interested!

Again, just let me know if you need any help in getting particular box seats for a certain show.
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

I noted the post, above, was your first, 12pesos, though you joined the Forum in October. Welcome. Hope you'll post often.
12pesos
Audience Member

Post by 12pesos »

Why thank you, porschesrule! I've been reading the forum for quite some time - better late than never!
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Welcome to the forum, 12pesos. :D Glad you finally decided to post.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
12pesos
Audience Member

Post by 12pesos »

Thanks ERinVA!
mikey2573
Tall Boy

Post by mikey2573 »

Thanks so much for the help! I already have seats for the January 8th show. I guess I will just go to the theater box office when I get in and see if they are available. They are usually the last seats to go as they are Partial View. And I don't mind the partial view at all. I found it to be a very small portion of the stage that was out of view.

Return to “Ticketing & Theatre information - Broadway”