Boston Reviews

atreyu
George

Re: Boston Reviews

Post by atreyu »

ERinVA wrote:Last time I was in London the lady beside me at one of the shows answered when her surname was called. I think it may also have been Summers. I'm reasonably sure it wasn't Gormley.
Hmm. So these people are admitting to being scabs. Maybe special arrangements can be made for them to be spat upon by Tall Boy. Or I assume it's Tall Boy even though he's the son of a scab.
CJ-Rochester
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by CJ-Rochester »

atreyu wrote:Maybe special arrangements can be made for them to be spat upon by Tall Boy. Or I assume it's Tall Boy even though he's the son of a scab.

Since the first time I saw Tall Boy spit at Tony I wrestled with the motivation for this. At first I thought the boy spitting was the son of the scab who was getting back at Tony for Tony being so mean to his dad. Eventually I concluded there are several Tall Boys. George would certainly not give boxing lessons to Kevin, son of the scab. The way I see it the boy spitting at Tony is the son of one of the other miners, who has been taught to hate scabs and anyone related to a scab.

I do like your joke though. ;)
:/
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

atreyu wrote:
ERinVA wrote:Last time I was in London the lady beside me at one of the shows answered when her surname was called. I think it may also have been Summers. I'm reasonably sure it wasn't Gormley.
Hmm. So these people are admitting to being scabs. Maybe special arrangements can be made for them to be spat upon by Tall Boy. Or I assume it's Tall Boy even though he's the son of a scab.
By the way, I finally remembered her name. It was Davidson.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
muck912
Tall Boy

Post by muck912 »

A Boston mini-Billython

Friday August 17 Kylend/Sam

This was the 5th time I've seen Kylend "The Human Waterworks" Heatherington. And he didn't disappoint. A lovely voice, strong dancing, and the famous Kylend acting. Tears, crying, sobbing at will allows Kylend to manipulate the audience mercilessly. A master thespian at work! The one big difference tonight was the end to B2B. The 4 previous times I've seen Kylend he ended B2B with a perfectly landed piano flip. This time he did a Billy jump off the piano. I figure this change means one of 3 things: A) Kylend has a minor injury, B) the tour is forbidding the risky piano flip while they are down to only 3 healthy Billys, or C) the tour has ended the piano flip for good. I sure hope that it is either A or B and not C. The piano flip is one of the highlights of the show.

This was the amazing debut of Sam Poon as Michael. And it is not what a Michael he is going to be, it is what a Michael he already is! He is only the 2nd Michael I've heard with a vibrato in his Expressing Yourself (Jack Broderick was the other). His tap is tops. Every little thing he does in his 2 big scenes is different from anything I've seen before and it all works, it's all funny. He even gives Billy a hockey hipcheck while asking Billy for "a little bit" of ballet. I can't wait to see this little guy again.

Saturday August 18 Ben/Ethan

This was my second time seeing Ben. When a Billy can really sing, and I mean really sing, it adds so much to the show. And Ben can really, really sing. Every one of his songs was an absolute delight, with his beautifully sung, double-aerial Electricity being otherworldly. His Angry Dance was angrier than the last time with more screams (not Mazurowskian levels but Ben is headed that way.) Ben is a must see! Spare no expense, just go do it!

10-year old Ethan Major was Michael. His Michael is also funny and every one of his unique touches is different from Sam's. Michael is in very good hands on tour with both guys being young and funny.

Return to “Reviews - N. American/International Tour”