What do you wear to the theatre?

rob_hanson1979
George

What do you wear to the theatre?

Post by rob_hanson1979 »

And what do you wear to Billy Elliot specifically? I'm curious if you guys get dressed up to go to a musical, or do you just wear whatever you have on that day? I know a lot of people don't really dress up, but I still like it. I feel like the theatre is a classier event than a movie or a concert, so I like to look sharp.
Also, when you specifically go see BE, what do you wear? Do you wear BE merchandise, shirts, etc? Or do you like to not stick out as a major fan?
jdmag44
Michael

Re: What do you wear to the theatre?

Post by jdmag44 »

I always wear jeans, my black Billy Elliot the musical T shirt and my prize possession -my Billy Bag.
LiamM
Technical Advisor
Technical Advisor

Post by LiamM »

Black trousers and black BETM Toronto T shirt (BETM logo covering the front and small "Toronto" on the back). If it is cold, I add a black long-sleeve T shirt under the BETM shirt. Billy bag with my tap shoes and silver marker for autographs. Sometimes, I wear the black BETM Broadway closing T shirt.
rob_hanson1979
George

Post by rob_hanson1979 »

Do you do tap? Sorry maybe I asked you before.
Todd
Dad

Post by Todd »

I normally wear khaki slacks and a collared shirt. London tends to be a bit dressier than in the U.S. however, so occasionally I'll wear jeans and a collared shirt when I attend a U.S. tour show. Sometimes, American audience members stick out when I see the show in London. One summer when I was there, I saw a guy come in wearing shorts, a t-shirt, and a ball cap. "That has to be an American, " I thought to myself, since they had on their summer clothes (for U.S. temperatures) - apparently not aware that it's about 20 degrees cooler in the U.K. during the summer !
LiamM
Technical Advisor
Technical Advisor

Post by LiamM »

rob_hanson1979 wrote:Do you do tap? Sorry maybe I asked you before.
Yes, Billy got me started with dance, 5 years ago now. My shoes are signed by every Billy and Michael I have seen except for my first two shows, which were in London.
rob_hanson1979
George

Post by rob_hanson1979 »

Thats pretty awesome actually! I started tap this year. its a lot of fun but my feet always hurt now, haha. I guess I'm not naturally a stomper.
Steamboy
Tall Boy

Post by Steamboy »

This talk of tap dancing makes me want to recommend the movie 'Tap', starring Gregory Hines....

So... go find it and watch it!

Features Gregory, a young Savion Glover, and a number of hoofers from the 40's and 50's.
dongringo
Debbie

Post by dongringo »

Smart casual. In Portland you can go looking like your homeless, but that's not really my style.
.......__o
.......\ <,
....( )/ ( )

Return to “Non-BETM Archive”