In Vancouver CDA HAVE the words & CAN really explain it

A place for new members to introduce themselves
Eltonjohn
Miner

In Vancouver CDA HAVE the words & CAN really explain it

Post by Eltonjohn »

CDA as in Canada.

Lucked out on Row 1 tickets - same day - in NYC... a couple of years ago.

Ends up I am going into the studio and working out at the barre just about daily.
R.A.D. Grade IV/V ... self taught via DVDs plus the odd classes.
Looking to do Int. Foundation in the fall.

Born in the late 1950s.

Male.

I CAN really explain it and do have the words.

Just four really:

Billy

Elliot

The

Musical

Coming soon to a theatre near me !!!!!!!
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: In Vancouver CDA HAVE the words & CAN really explain it

Post by ERinVA »

Welcome to the forum, Eltonjohn. Considering that you wrote the score, ;) we're glad you found us. :D

What is Int. Foundation?
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
rob_hanson1979
George

Post by rob_hanson1979 »

Intermediate Foundation...
are you totally self taught? or do you go to a school?
Eltonjohn
Miner

Post by Eltonjohn »

To answer both posts above...

Under the RAD (as with other ballet learning systems) one can follow a graded syllabus (from grades 1 through 8.) Alternatively, one can follow Intermediate and Advanced 1 and 2 syllabi which are geared more towards a vocational stream as I understand the processes.

Prior to Intermediate is the Intermediate Foundation syllabus feasible for those with no previous dance training, and taken as preparation for undertaking Intermediate training. Notwithstanding, someone who follows the graded progression can at some point move or cross over into the vocational stream depending on their capabilities.

There isn't a school accessible to me that is suitable for and geared towards people who start out at older ages, older meaning beyond their late teens. Consequently, I was compelled to come up with a unique approach that combines self learning with periodic coaching from qualified teachers from time to time. Since there's no intention on my part to ever try to 'go pro' (obviously!) this arrangement allows for structured progression in accordance with a recognized, respected syllabus. It is also very cost effective. (I have free access to my college's studio whenever it is not in use for several hours each day.)

Simply dropping into adult oriented classes once or twice a week, while always enjoyable, i find doesn't satisfy my interest to progress in a systematic manner. Working out daily is the key to continual improvement and most schools offer only 2 or maybe 3 times weekly classes is how they are usually structured. Programs that go beyond this volume of weekly training typically are not accepting of late adult beginners for a variety of understandable reasons, including adult learning styles which tend to be more self directed and independently minded.

Blame it on Billy, I would have to say.
After all, it's a feeling that you can't control!
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Thanks for the information.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.

Return to “New Members”