Promo Tutus

Is the Music live? Where are auditons held?
Eltonjohn
Miner

Promo Tutus

Post by Eltonjohn »

Besides in Toronto, have there been other citiies on the tour where tutus were given out to ticket purchasers?
BETM: "the most expensive school play ever."
Lee Hall
in Playbill October 2008
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Promo Tutus

Post by ERinVA »

I didn't realize that tutus were given away in Toronto. I don't recall having heard or read that anywhere, but guess I either missed it or forgot. There have been lots of stops where tutus have been part of the promotion, however, with various city workers wearing them for promo videos and photos. In SFO (I think that's where it was) there was a ticket giveaway where people had to wear tutus in line to get tickets. Our own StevenKing participated in that one, and I recall a photo of a woman who made a very creative tutu out of newspaper to stand in the line because she forgot to bring one.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
angelenroute
Billy

Post by angelenroute »

ERinVA wrote:I didn't realize that tutus were given away in Toronto. I don't recall having heard or read that anywhere, but guess I either missed it or forgot. There have been lots of stops where tutus have been part of the promotion, however, with various city workers wearing them for promo videos and photos. In SFO (I think that's where it was) there was a ticket giveaway where people had to wear tutus in line to get tickets. Our own StevenKing participated in that one, and I recall a photo of a woman who made a very creative tutu out of newspaper to stand in the line because she forgot to bring one.
I think that was the Pantages in LA, but I'm not awake yet.
CJ-Rochester
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by CJ-Rochester »

My recollection, both from Toronto and LA, was the promotions were for fans who showed up in line wearing their own tutus.
:/
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

I couldn't decide whether the one in California was the SFO one or L A. But I knew they did the free tickets for folks who wore them.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
StevenKing
Mrs Wilkinson

Post by StevenKing »

Yes...we wore tutus on Hollywood Blvd.:) Toronto also did it.
Eltonjohn
Miner

Post by Eltonjohn »

I watched a Youtube of Tutus in Toronto, some kind of ticket sales promo (give-away?). Mind you, last year in Vancouver the annual dance festival had people wearing them standing on main street corners during morning rush hour downtown as a publicity stunt... perhaps they got the idea from BE(?). It is quite arresting, the sight of people wearing multiple colours of tutus like this, for sure.
BETM: "the most expensive school play ever."
Lee Hall
in Playbill October 2008

Return to “Information/Questions about BETM”