The Billy Elliot Novel

For off-topic content
rob_hanson1979
George

The Billy Elliot Novel

Post by rob_hanson1979 »

I'm probably putting this in the wrong category... I did a search for past topics and didn't find any relating to this...

Has anyone read the BE novel written by Melvin Burgess? Any thoughts? Is it worth a read? Does it add or change any part of the story?
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: The Billy Elliot Novel

Post by kport »

rob_hanson1979 wrote:I'm probably putting this in the wrong category... I did a search for past topics and didn't find any relating to this...

Has anyone read the BE novel written by Melvin Burgess? Any thoughts? Is it worth a read? Does it add or change any part of the story?
I have a copy. It is a novelization of Lee Hall's script. Melvyn Burgess is well known as a children's author, and I would place this book within that category. It is pleasant without any real surprises. 'One for the album' for a Billy fan. It is available on Amazon; read the users' reviews to get a flavour:

http://tinyurl.com/myshck4
LiamM
Technical Advisor
Technical Advisor

Re: The Billy Elliot Novel

Post by LiamM »

Warning: Some online book sellers sell printed Wikipedia articles for outrageous prices. Billy Elliot the Musical, Jesse Russell (ed.) for $19.26 is probably an example of this.

Return to “General Chat”