Let me introduce myself

A place for new members to introduce themselves
Zweaplight
Tall Boy

Let me introduce myself

Post by Zweaplight »

Hi,

I am Zweaplight, also known as Lukas. I am from Belgium. I have not seen the musical yet (sadly), but I am planning to go see it in the year to come. I first got to know of this musical by Tom Holland after watching The Impossible, back then, it did not really caught my attention. It is because of someone else, who played Small Boy, Michael and Billy, that I was properly introduced to BETM. And you probably guessed it already, it was because of Dean-Charles Chapman. I found out the show because of him, and I immediately fell in love with the cast, the music, the dancing, the sets, everything. I have seen tons of videos and right now I really wish I could see it one day. I had the chance to go see it twice, sadly, I did not know of the existence of this amazing show.

Beside Billy Elliot, I am a huge fan of Harry Potter, Game of Thrones, The Walking Dead, Ender's Game and many more awesome things in this world.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Zweaplight (also Lukas)
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Let me introduce myself

Post by ERinVA »

Welcome to the forum, Lukas. I hope you do get to see the show before long.

I don't know if you have seen this yet, but I think it may interest you:

http://www.billyelliottheforum.me.uk/fo ... ilit=Lille
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
angelenroute
Billy

Post by angelenroute »

Welcome aboard, Lukas! Many of us started out just like you. I joined the forum before seeing the show for the first time, just because I was loving everything I heard about the musical from others (and because I loved the original movie).

Hope you take some time to look around at the many, many discussions we have here. It's a really fun place, and filled with so many wonderful people I've been privileged to get to know in person.

Sean

"Good writers define reality; bad ones merely restate it." -Edward Albee
Zweaplight
Tall Boy

Post by Zweaplight »

Thanks for the warm welcome to all of you! :)
ERinVA wrote:Welcome to the forum, Lukas. I hope you do get to see the show before long.

I don't know if you have seen this yet, but I think it may interest you:

http://www.billyelliottheforum.me.uk/fo ... ilit=Lille
I hadn't heard of it, and it didn't come across it on this forum yet. I probably won't go see it though. Mainly because I am from the Dutch speaking part of Belgium and therefore my French is terrible. The Dutch production in the Netherlands isn't really an option either since I find it rather annoying to hear people from the Netherlands talking Dutch in their silly accents. Maybe later I will visit one of those productions, but right now I want to see the real deal. :)
angelenroute wrote:Welcome aboard, Lukas! Many of us started out just like you. I joined the forum before seeing the show for the first time, just because I was loving everything I heard about the musical from others (and because I loved the original movie).

Hope you take some time to look around at the many, many discussions we have here. It's a really fun place, and filled with so many wonderful people I've been privileged to get to know in person.

Sean
The original movie is one of my favourites. It's not the best film I ever saw, but unlinke some better films, Billy Elliot really touched me.
joninfinity wrote:Hi Lukas. Welcome to the forum... The first thing you need to do is go see Billy Elliot. You'll be hooked. Then, go see it again, and again, and so on. Congrats, you'll be just like the rest of us :D
If Brussels - London (and back to Brussels) wasn't so expensive I would have probably seen the musical a dozen times by now. But maybe in the future, when I am somewhat more financially independent, I can go binge-watching Billy Elliot like a lot of you on here seem to do. :D

Return to “New Members”