Another Electricity verse?

Is the Music live? Where are auditons held?
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Another Electricity verse?

Post by ERinVA »

Eltonjohn wrote:
atreyu wrote:
Eltonjohn wrote:In comparing the OCR version of Electricty to that of the stage version, one poster has mentioned an additional or extra verse in the former. Does this mean that a verse was repeated in the former, or is there another verse with its own set of words that is never heard on stage?
A verse is repeated. Unfortunately they couldn't find a way for the OCR to capture the spectacular Billy dancing in that scene, so they filled the space with the repeated verse. ;)

You mean the visual is blank (dancing occurs but is not recorded / displayed) while the audio track repeats the (second It's a bit like feelin' angry) verse? Doesn't make sense to me, why prolong or extend the audio track in that manner? Don't follow. If visuals are 'missing' (not captured) then wouldnt that suggest more shortening the audio?
It's a CD soundtrack, not a DVD. There are no visuals. It's just the musical numbers from the show, as with most Original Cast Recordings of Broadway and West End shows. Why they did the repeat is anyone's guess.

In Angry Dance, by the way, you do hear Billy's tapping and shouting. That is George Maguire.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Eltonjohn wrote:
ERinVA wrote:Yes, but I heard that it was a matter of "substitution," as opposed to "addition," and I heard that the AD made him write out the correct lines 100 times. ;) :lol:
Which reminds me... In the youtube of LM appearing at the Royal whatever-it-was gala performance, he sings.... I can't [gap] haven't got the words... suggesting that he came in a musical phrase too late ... And truly had not got (all) the words (out). Or was this a skip in the youtube file, I have always wondered about that...
Actually, it was Children in Need. No, there was no skip in the youtube file. It was a miscue, but since it was a live performance (with recorded accompaniment), and that's what happened, that's what you see. The Royal Variety Performance, which was the first time the Billys were seen, took place months before the show opened and introduced all three Billys to the world.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
rob_hanson1979
George

Post by rob_hanson1979 »

ERinVA wrote:In Angry Dance, by the way, you do hear Billy's tapping and shouting. That is George Maguire.
I didn't know that! Quite fascinating!

Return to “Information/Questions about BETM”