Los Angeles Reviews

porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Los Angeles Reviews

Post by porschesrule »

ERinVA wrote:The following reviewer seems to have liked the show as well, but the review rambles all over the place without a very clear organization. http://alittlenightmusing.wordpress.com ... -clifford/
The writer's name is Cameron Clifford??? :o
dongringo
Debbie

Post by dongringo »

Thanks for your excellent reviews gpcolo! It's been over a year for me as well. Wish I could have made it down to LA, but it was not to be.
.......__o
.......\ <,
....( )/ ( )
CJ-Rochester
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by CJ-Rochester »

porschesrule wrote:
ERinVA wrote:The following reviewer seems to have liked the show as well, but the review rambles all over the place without a very clear organization. http://alittlenightmusing.wordpress.com ... -clifford/
The writer's name is Cameron Clifford??? :o
That surprised me at first also, but I think the Cameron Clifford at the top is some kind of search tag. The writer's handle must be mickala, given the byline under the title (Published May 10, 2012 by mickala). Also if you click on the title you get the same story without Cameron at the top, ie:
http://alittlenightmusing.wordpress.com ... your-city/
:/
1RadBilly
Tall Boy

Post by 1RadBilly »

gpcolo wrote: Kylend: My third time seeing Kylend and the ultimate compliment I can give him is “Kylend is Billy Elliot.” He is so comfortable with the role and a slight grin at key moments helped confirm this observation. Kylend is having the time of his life on stage and his acting has gone into another stratosphere the last year. If there were ever a perfect Billy, Kylend would be one of the leading candidates.
I totally agree with you on Kylend! He really has taken his acting to another level in the past year, he truly is a great Billy!
1RadBilly
Tall Boy

Post by 1RadBilly »

gpcolo wrote:
Zach Manske –Watching Zach dance is like seeing a spinning top for the first time, it's rather mesmerizing. His spins are lightning fast and nothing short of perfection. He received thunderous applause after Electricity and a smile was also on Rich Hebert’s face (Dad).
I was thinking about this while watching the shows this past weekend. What is it like for Rich Hebert or Deka Walmsley to have that front row seat for EVERY Electricity performance!!! :D :D

That would be so awesome to watch everyday!! 8-)
Rich B
Technical Advisor
Technical Advisor

Post by Rich B »

1RadBilly wrote:I was thinking about this while watching the shows this past weekend. What is it like for Rich Hebert or Deka Walmsley to have that front row seat for EVERY Electricity performance!!! :D :D

That would be so awesome to watch everyday!! 8-)
I remember Greg Jbara saying that he always had the best seat in the house for Electricity. :D
alexandre
Small Boy

Post by alexandre »

I wasn't planning on writing anything about this trip but I can't sleep tonight, damn you pineal gland.
Reading it should also cure insomnia. :oops:

Two top shows I've seen the last couple of days in the city of angels.

Ty Forhan possesses a voice descended from heaven. When one has seen the show often, you become inured to the emotional impact of some scenes. Hearing Ty hit the heights of musicality in Letter 1/2 and Deep Into the Ground, neck hairs stood on end and I noticed some saline fluid on my cheeks. :roll: It was like discovering the show anew. The dancing's not too shabby either. It's been a long while since I've enjoyed a show this much.
A huge career in musical theatre beckons for this star.

I wonder if I'm the only one, besides his mom I guess, that will be in the audience for JP's first and last show. The voice is a bit deeper and he stands a bit taller than March 2010 (who would've thought?) but boy can the lad dance. An especially fiery Angry Dance tonight, did someone piss him off backstage!? He seemed so placid in past observances. :o
Be interesting to see what he tries his hand at next.

The Michael's have done a sterling job, eliciting many whoops, cheers and applause from the very appreciative and vocal audiences. Love the ballet girls in this tour, the time constantly together seems to have produced solid gold on stage. Of note the Tracey Atkinson's madly fast spinning while attempting "pirouettes" and "chaines". It's the one percenter's that lead to a winning team performance.

The adult cast is uniformly good. The "understudy" Mrs W tonight, Sasha, was really perfect. Australians, represent!!! Cheers to the Tony who was up for a quick chat at SD the other night.

Nice to see the boys doing turns with arms in second. And the synchronisation with Older Billy in Dream Ballet has been immaculate, all highlighting the great training they receive from the choreographers. And the scene changes have been integrated into the show very well, a masterstroke of direction. Also good on them for continuing the "Rudolf Near-Enough" line and not its unnecessarily harsh alternative. Though I never thought anything could be more freaky surreal than 8 foot dancing dresses but I was wrong, the current setup trumps it! :mrgreen:

The weather has been perfect the last two days and hopefully will continue into the weekend. Not at all like the cold, frosty, mean and threatening weather in London..

And finally while the Hollywood Blvd can be a bit erk at night and the freeway traffic is horrendous, the people here have been most friendly. Including the nice lass I met on Sunset Blvd the other night after the show (Divine... something) who wanted me to have a good time. No thanks, love, I've already had a great time. :? 8-)
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

alexandre wrote:And finally while the Hollywood Blvd can be a bit erk at night and the freeway traffic is horrendous, the people here have been most friendly. Including the nice lass I met on Sunset Blvd the other night after the show (Divine... something) who wanted me to have a good time. No thanks, love, I've already had a great time.
Haha, Nathan. Great review. Glad you had a great time :)
alexandre wrote: I wonder if I'm the only one, besides his mom I guess, that will be in the audience for JP's first and last show.
I'm glad you're going to be there for JP's final performance, which will be his 174th (Chicago, Toronto and Tour) and will look forward to your review. :)
dongringo
Debbie

Post by dongringo »

alexandre, That was a thoroughly enjoyable review. Thank you for posting it in the middle of the night. Please write up something on JP's last performance for us. Thanks in advance! ;) :D
.......__o
.......\ <,
....( )/ ( )
balletgirlfan
Audience Member

Post by balletgirlfan »

alexandre wrote: I wonder if I'm the only one, besides his mom I guess, that will be in the audience for JP's first and last show.
I will also be in the audience for JP's first and last show. It is going to be a sad day but I wouldn't miss it.

Return to “Reviews - N. American/International Tour”