Los Angeles Reviews

skkmercury
Small Boy

Re: Los Angeles Reviews

Post by skkmercury »

Terrific reveiw and summary of Sunday night's show, tomtorfan! It's such an enjoyable read that I've read it three times through and now know what it must have felt like to be there. Thanks so much! The way you found to end your post couldn't have been better!
angelenroute
Billy

Post by angelenroute »

tomtorfan wrote:Sunday evening was beautiful in Los Angeles. The famous Southern California sun was dropping low in the sky. The weather was warm. It was Mother’s Day. And at the glorious Pantages theater, a bit of magic was about to unfold.
Wonderful review of this special performance! Since I sat next to you for the last Billy show on Broadway, I'm happy to hear you were also able to attend this special show as well!

Sean
tomtorfan
Small Boy

Post by tomtorfan »

Thanks all for the kind comments. Thanks too to skkmercury and alexandre for their wonderfully descriptive reviews of the other three shows that weekend. Alexandre's mention of the couple that brought their lapdogs was true. Two tiny dogs, one sitting on each lap. In the front row. Watching Billy Elliot. Alexandre and I swapped seats at intermission so I got to sit beside them. It turned out that one of the lapdogs was used to the noise of the theater. They were "training" the other one. I'm thinking this could turn into a real train wreck. During Merry Christmas Maggie Thatcher, George fires nerf balls from his tank over the head of the dogs. The dog nearest me - the one in "training" - suddenly stood up on his master's lap and adopted a kind of I-think-this-would-be-a-good-time-to-empty-my-bowels look. But the intestines somehow held. God knows what the cast were thinking and yes, they did notice!

Back to Billy....This past weekend was my first chance to see the amazing Kylend and Zach strut their stuff. And Ty continues to utterly astonish. Four really good shows.

The tour is in such good shape now, it's almost a shame it has to take a month-long break. But I know everyone needs and deserves it -- the cast members need time to recuperate and the fans need to restock their checking accounts. Will look forward to seeing Ben and perhaps Noah too in Boston.

In the meantime, Des Moines should brace itself. A juggernaut of talent is heading your way!
We will find a new tomorrow
When we come to rest at last...
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

Thanks to everybody for the wonderful reviews. It sounds as if the show is really tight now.

I can't wait to see it in Louisville.
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.

Return to “Reviews - N. American/International Tour”