Chat about other shows here
angelenroute
Billy

Re: Matilda the Musical - Broadway/NY

Post by angelenroute »

New Matildas!

http://www.theatermania.com/broadway/ne ... epage_news

Love this line:
"Nine-year-old Ulloa makes her Broadway debut after starring in her second-grade production of Seussical."
That's quite a big leap! Good for her!!!

Sean
debbiefan
Tall Boy

Post by debbiefan »

gl to 4 new matildas, off topic but in article, i saw playbill isn't updated because they have ensemble members and person plays Mrs. Phelps not updated in article. :P
Billly ELliot
Denver: Lex as Billy Griffin as Michael and River as Tall Boy
CJ-Rochester
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by CJ-Rochester »

Congrats to the 4 new Matildas. I'm sorry I have only been able to see one of them so far (Oona, who I thought was fantastic). I've heard great things about the other three current ones as well. It's still a surprise that the producers are changing all of them at the same time.
:/
debbiefan
Tall Boy

Post by debbiefan »

to be honest, some of them were growing out of it(getting too tall for role), some weren't, but to be honest, they have all shared publicity fairly except for Sophia. I am wondering why though? Milly did Barnes and Noble and Macy, Oona did Tony Awards and GMA, and Bailey did the View. Really it seems to me they don't like Sophia that much in the role, because also all of them did at least 2 tracks, one story and one song(not including Naughty). As for Sophia she only did Naughty. So I am wondering what up with that?
Billly ELliot
cglaid
Small Boy

Post by cglaid »

Sophia did opening night.
debbiefan
Tall Boy

Post by debbiefan »

but they drew her name from the hat, anyone else could of done opening night. Other performances, I believe they got to decide who got to perform at that performance, unless they do it another way. Also not everyone gets to see opening night, like for the view, gma, tony awards, macy day parade everyone gets to see that person perform.
Billly ELliot
angelenroute
Billy

Post by angelenroute »

debbiefan wrote:but they drew her name from the hat, anyone else could of done opening night. Other performances, I believe they got to decide who got to perform at that performance, unless they do it another way. Also not everyone gets to see opening night, like for the view, gma, tony awards, macy day parade everyone gets to see that person perform.
Good point, but the fact became she had the honor of representing the Matildas for that show. They have since given other honors to other girls.
debbiefan
Tall Boy

Post by debbiefan »

true, but usually shows give same amount of publicity with all the main characters then just 3 of them get all the publicity and leave one out. Which seems like what they did with Sophia, yes she got opening night, but like i said she could of not get it. She never done anything for tv, and soundtrack she only done naughty. I am sorry it just seem producers aren't being fare.
Billly ELliot
LiamM
Technical Advisor
Technical Advisor

Post by LiamM »

Maybe she doesn't want to. I avoid leaping to conclusions.
CJ-Rochester
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by CJ-Rochester »

I agree with Liam. The same imbalances existed at times when BETM was on tour, ie: some of the Billys and Michaels made more press and PR appearances than others. Perhaps some of it is the personal preferences of the kids or their guardians. We don't always know the reasons why.
:/

Return to “Discuss all other Shows - New York”