Matilda the Musical - Broadway/NY

Chat about other shows here
StevenKing
Mrs Wilkinson

Re: Matilda the Musical - Broadway/NY

Post by StevenKing »

CJ-Rochester wrote:I agree with Liam. The same imbalances existed at times when BETM was on tour, ie: some of the Billys and Michaels made more press and PR appearances than others. Perhaps some of it is the personal preferences of the kids or their guardians. We don't always know the reasons why.
Interesting tidbit from Alex's book, he became PR Billy why'll injured. At least for Billy there usually was an imbalance for PR appearances. I had heard for the Matilda's they tried to even it out but stuff happens...
LiamM
Technical Advisor
Technical Advisor

Post by LiamM »

Which is the better view for Matilda: Balcony row A or Mezzanine row G? (Group purchase; can't afford orchestra.)
cglaid
Small Boy

Post by cglaid »

I saw it from the last row center balcony and my view was amazing. I missed nothing.
debbiefan
Tall Boy

Post by debbiefan »

Looks like Sophia and Oona, according to playbill vault and the website, both had their last performance on December 22, 2013. Milly and Bailey are still unknown on when there last performance is. Also with the new matildas, they all say today, but there no performance today, so it will be this week they will debut. http://www.playbillvault.com/Show/Detai ... rt-Theatre
Billly ELliot
Denver: Lex as Billy Griffin as Michael and River as Tall Boy
CJ-Rochester
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by CJ-Rochester »

debbiefan wrote:Looks like Sophia and Oona, according to playbill vault and the website, both had their last performance on December 22, 2013. Milly and Bailey are still unknown on when there last performance is. Also with the new matildas, they all say today, but there no performance today, so it will be this week they will debut. http://www.playbillvault.com/Show/Detai ... rt-Theatre

Two of the new ones, Paige and Gabriella, made their debuts over the weekend according to the tracking twitter page.
https://twitter.com/MatildaBwayNYC/
:/
Mactor17
Small Boy

Post by Mactor17 »

Onna left December 15th and Sophia's last performance (I was there was on Saturday the 21st). Paige Made her debut the week of the 17th and Gabriella went on for the first time Sunday, the 22nd. Their website was not fast in catching up:)
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by kport »

I see its website is run by AKA....which (if memory serves) also ran the BETM Broadway website, which was not always up-to-date with cast changes. ;)
CJ-Rochester
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by CJ-Rochester »

Two of the leading roles will have new actors come March. Matt Harrington and Christopher Sieber will join the company as Mr. Wormwood and Miss Trunchbull, respectively.

http://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Br ... A-20140131
:/
debbiefan
Tall Boy

Post by debbiefan »

i'm wondering if chris is doing it till march, i remember when they announce craig departure they said chris will stay on with the role till january.
Billly ELliot
Denver: Lex as Billy Griffin as Michael and River as Tall Boy
muck912
Tall Boy

Post by muck912 »

I saw the show this past Tuesday night and Ben Thompson was a very good Trunchbull. He did Trunchbull at some shows the previous week. Thompson is listed as an understudy. If you haven't seen Tony winner Gabe Ebert as Matilda's father spare no expense to check his performance out before he leaves in March. It was one of the most memorable and funny performances I have ever seen. One of the new Matilda's, Ripley Sobo, was fantastic. My daughter won the lottery so we saw the show for $27 each from the 8th row. 26 people competed for 20 lottery tickets so it was an easy win. Management gave the 6 lottery losers the same $27 tickets. The next day we got A Night With Janis Joplin rush tickets 1st row center for $30 each. It was a matinee so we saw the alternate Janis & she was great. That night we saw Once with $35 rush tickets in the 1st box, partial view. So the tally was 3 great shows for a grand total of $92 per person. A large 2-bed room at the St. James hotel was $77 a night on Expedia. And Superbowl Boulevard was free. Broadway on a budget, indeed!

Return to “Discuss all other Shows - New York”