Mrs Wilkinson

Lee Hall to adapt War Horse for Spielberg movie

Post by patc »

porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Lee Hall Backs Student Protest

Post by porschesrule »

According to a twitter message from ITV's London Tonight, Lee Hall has come out in support of the students protesting the rise of tuition fees in Great Britain. The tweet:

"Billy Elliot writer Lee Hall has backed the action of students who stormed the Conservative HQ in Millbank in protest against tuition fees."

Here's an article providing some background to that event:

http://www.meltonweekly.com.au/news/wor ... 95400.aspx
burtond
Michael

Re: Lee Hall Backs Student Protest

Post by burtond »

Personally, I think that the twitter is irresponsible because you could take it that not only does he support the protest but also condones the violence. Although I respect peoples right to free speech and to protest peacefully, I cannot condone mindless violence and destruction. Afterall, from all that we have seen and heard it is only by soe miracle that someone wasnt seriously hurt or even killed - I refer to the throwing of a fire extinguisher from off the roof.
An ex-Regular and someone who was Passionate about the show but who has now found the rest of the WEST END.
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

I'm with you 100% Dave.
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
Muppet
Michael

Post by Muppet »

Billy Whiz wrote:I'm with you 100% Dave.
Me too. It was despicable behaviour by some of the protesters. :x :|
StevenKing
Mrs Wilkinson

Post by StevenKing »

Um...from what Ive read he seems to condone at least the windows being broken, or doesn't care...sorry got to strongly disagree with him on this.
hammy
Ballet Girl

Re: Lee Hall Adapts Billy Elliot for Young People

Post by hammy »

What a brilliant production. He really deserves the part in the West End. He just really shines.
I did have quite a giggle at the part where the Carabiner wouldn't unscrew. I can't tell you how many times i've had a screw gate carabiner get stuck like that. Usually a good wack with another carabiner sorts them out. I feel your pain Older Billy!
I'm sure the West End production uses a spring gate (the distinctive click when it's attached to Billy's harness)
I can't believe he had to wear both a sit and chest harness. Dancing dream ballet in that must be horrible. I wonder what type of harness they use in the west end.
Leon 2/05/07, Josh 28/12/07, Corey 16/06/08, Corey 12/07/08, Layton 28/08/08, Tanner 27/12/08, Fox 4/07/09, Tom 15/08/2009, Tom (5th Anniversary show) - 31/3/2010, Rhys 21/10/10
Todd
Dad

Post by Todd »

Does anyone know if the stubborn carabiner and Billy getting dropped at the end of the Finale were from an acutal Billy Youth Theater production, or was it from a rehearsal ? Can't imagine they would have kept the audience waiting that long for the caribiner to get fixed in an actual production.
Brad
George

Post by Brad »

Now I am no expert on the London production but I watched the 2nd clip and could have sworn I saw an older George McGuire in it a couple of times - think the guy playing older Billy might be the culprit.

I will be wrong of course but it was great to see, as others have commented, the stuff up with the carbiner and the "whoops I fell off my chair and broke it" scenes - looks like it was a great production.

Incidentally, I have never seen a Bass Guitar with 6 strings :o :shock:
Cheers

Brad
Barry Appleby
George

Post by Barry Appleby »

Hi
For anyone interested go to bbciplayer -- bbc Radio Humberside Westenders(Sundays 6pm to 8pm) approx 30-35 minutes into the programme. The Northern Academy of Performing Arts discussing their Billy Youth Theatre Production auditions(see napa website).
The production is on 1/2/3/4 June evenings plus 2 matinees at The Hull New Theatre.
The London Production does get a good plug often on this show, also their is just a few words over Liam Mower's progress.

Barry

Return to “Original Creative Team - London”