Tanner Pflueger--Billy: London & Broadway

ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Tanner Pflueger

Post by ERinVA »

ilovebillyelliotlots wrote:well nearly all the billys were/are blonde :)
Not naturally so. I think you could count on the fingers of one hand the number of naturally blond Billys: George Maguire, Sam Angell, Brad Wilson, Colin Bates (sort of), and that's about it. The rest of the Billys who have been blond have had their hair lightened. These would include Liam, James, Leon (not highlighted, bleached from black to blond), Travis, Corey, Josh, and Tanner. I know I have left someone out, but that's all I can think of at the moment. Billys who have retained their natural darker shade have included Dean, Olly, Matthew, Hogan, Trent, Tom, Layton, and Fox. Again, I'm sure I have skipped some, but my memory it a bit fuzzy, and that's just the London Billys.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
jillmichael
Tall Boy

Post by jillmichael »

Yeah, that's true...they've highlighted most of the Billy's hair to be blonde, especially in the early days of the show. But Ellen, I think some of those kids, like Liam, James, Josh, Tanner, and Travis had dirty-blondish (or light brown) hair, so the blonde hair color wasn't too much of a stretch. I always thought they should have left Leon's and Corey's hair alone though.

Was this supposed to be because they wanted the Billys to be "golden boys?" Who knows. Now, I don't think they care as much, especially in New York. But it does seem like they want the boy that plays Billy to be the "Heartthrob" type, for 12-year-olds at least :lol: I mean, pretty much every Billy that's played the role has been a good-looking kid. And Tanner is a cute kid, so he definitely fits the "Billy-mold," just like Liam.

But I do think they do a good job with the hair style, usually bringing out the best in the boys (Kiril immediately comes to mind). The haircut is not the same for every kid, but they all have one thing in common: a conservative, generic 12-year-old boy cut- a timeless hairdo, that could belong to a 12-year-old kid from any decade (I mean, let's hope they never give Billy a mullet even though the show is set in the 80's!).
Muppet
Michael

Post by Muppet »

MrWestEnd wrote:Haha I agree!
Who thinks Tanner looks a bit like Liam Mower?

I do. Kind of
Yes he does deffo!

I think the Liam/James/Colin/Tanner/Travis/George/Leon/Corey/Josh/Brad, etc blonde hair look is cool, whether it is natural or highlighted, it suits them - and it sometimes works to have a small degree of uniformity! 8-)
chocchipcookie26
Tony

Post by chocchipcookie26 »

I do like dark Billies like Fox and Ollie too though. I think Brad's is natural :) Not certain though
x
tanfanfromomaha
Audience Member

Post by tanfanfromomaha »

I was able to come see Tanner twice..first time in January 30 with his mom.
And the second time, was March 3 with my daughter, who is Tanner's friend from the dance studio here in Nebraska!
Tanner was simply amazing both times and we're so proud of him and happy that he is doing so well! He is sorely missed at our studio. :cry:
I love to read the reviews and all the nice comments about him, and I hope you know that he is an exceptionally sweet and humble kid, in addition to being an outstanding performer! Thanks for taking such good care of him in London! It's great to know the audiences are enjoying him!
Todd
Dad

Post by Todd »

He'd better return to the U.S. at some point . . . .after all, he has all these restaurants to take care of !
http://www.tannersbarandgrill.com/
Muppet
Michael

Post by Muppet »

I do hope I will get an opportunity to see him soon! I've read and heard so many good reports! :)
Mike Newman
Tall Boy

Post by Mike Newman »

:) Tanner has now 'pumped up ' his finale to follow what had been a superlative performance anyway. He now gives us these gorgeous beaming smiles to show how much he has enjoyed his performance , and we are so pleased to see him so happy. We get saucy, knowing looks, and he puts on his tu-tu with all the cheeky panache other Billys have shown. He dances with such power and vigour which raises the whole atmosphere . It's a shame his last heart warming performance ends the show. But it's the right way Tanner. 'Slay 'em ' right up to the final moment and send us home happy bunnies !

'and we all go together when we go '
sleepylins
Ballet Girl

Post by sleepylins »

Was lucky enough to catch Tanner again yesterday and once again was blown away.I loved every bit.
WELL DONE TANNER
Billy:-
Coreyx5, Samx1, Josh.Fx8, Trentx5, Laytonx7, Hoganx2, Fox x10, Tomx10, Tannerx6, Bradx5,Olliex6,Deanx5,Rhysx4,Aaronx2,Scottx2,Josh.Bx0,Ryanx1, Adamx0
Michael:-
Laytonx1, Shaunx14 1/5, Jontyx10 4/5, Danielx4, Lewisx9, Deanx4, Georgex5 , Jakex10, Connor.Dx3,Connor.Kx12, Joex3,Reecex2,Connor.Lx1
Debbie:-
Leighx1, Leycix6, Amyx7, Scarlettx15, Meganx6, Aliciax6, Annabellex6, Fleurx11,Francescax12,Emily.Sx8, Emily.Wx1
79 WONDERFUL SHOWS
Muppet
Michael

Post by Muppet »

I have booked my first Billy trip in ages for this Saturday night....fingers crossed I get a certain American Billy I have not seen before! :|

Return to “Cast Members - Past Regional Productions”