What movies did you see recently?

For off-topic content
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: What movies did you see recently?

Post by ERinVA »

Two nights ago I saw "The Class," a French film (a documentary, actually) that follows a French teacher and his class in what would be a middle school here in the US. The school is located in one of the outer arrondissements of Paris, and his students, some of whom are quite a challenge, are a mix from various cultural backgrounds. As a former teacher who has dealt with that age group, I found the film fascinating. It doesn't seem to favor either the teacher or any of his students; it just observes what goes on over the course of the year. I recommend it. Both teachers and students should be able to see something familiar here.

Another film I saw recently was "Adventureland," a kind of "coming of age" film focused on the the slightly older, university/pre-grad student set. Jesse Eisenberg is the amazingly likeable and innocent James, whose post graduation plans for a summer in Europe fall apart when his parents inform him they can not afford to fund the trip. Forced to take a job at a dinky amusement park, the Adventureland of the title, James learns quite a lot about life and the real world and meets the girl of his dreams. This is a charming movie. I recommend it.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
be inspired_*
Small Boy

Post by be inspired_* »

I saw Twilight for the first time last night and loved it! I also now love rob pattinson (edward cullen) :lol: I think I might try and read the books before the next film comes out.
Lauren_*
13/04/06-Leon Cooke
24/08/06-Colin Bates
22/11/06-Liam Mower
22/09/07-Layton Williams
29/03/08-Sam Angel
12/05/09-Ollie Gardner
Muppet
Michael

Post by Muppet »

At the cinema on Saturday.....X-Men: Wolverine

I just sat there in the cinema thinking, 'why am I watching this rubbish?....no wonder some kids use knives and guns nowadays when they see so much gratuitous violence even in films which are 12 certificate....why is there so little storyline and so much over-reliance on special effects?'

So as you can gather I was NOT very impressed! :|

I watched Les Miserables on DVD this afternoon (the Liam Neeson, Uma Thurman, Claire Danes, Geoffrey Rush version), now that is an awesome film!!! It has everything I like!! :)
Lina
Small Boy

Post by Lina »

I saw Oorlogswinter today, it's a Dutch movie about the WOII.
It has one British actor in it, Jamie Cambell Bowyer (from Sweeney Todd) and he play's a very large role in it.
The movie is in my opinion the best Dutch movie ever made, just on base of the acting because the lead role is just... well, he blow me away like Jamie Bell did in Billy :)
~ July 24, 2008; Billy Elliot! ~
sfo
George

Post by sfo »

I plan to see Star Trek on Friday, it looks so cool :D
Muppet
Michael

Post by Muppet »

sfo wrote:I plan to see Star Trek on Friday, it looks so cool :D
Yes, I plan to go too.
wendy
Tall Boy

Post by wendy »

went to see a very girly film, Ghosts of girlfriends past, bank holiday monday. i thought it was a good film ( nothing atall to do with Matthew McConaughy being in it :D ) ok so the story not that great by very easy on the eye ;)
jillmichael
Tall Boy

Post by jillmichael »

How much does it cost to see movies where yall live??
wendy
Tall Boy

Post by wendy »

it costs £7.25 per adult and if booked online its a free upgrade to the premium seats,
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Planning to see Star Trek on Friday also.

On Saturday, I saw "The Soloist," with Jamie Foxx and Robert Downey Jr. This is based on a true account by LA Times columnist Steve Lopez, who is played by Downey in the film. The performances by Downey and Foxx are excellent, and I recommend this film to everyone. Interestingly, the film is produced by Studio Canal and Working Title, and Eric Fellner is named in the credits. No wonder it's a good movie.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.

Return to “General Chat”