St. Paul Reviews

Todd
Dad

Re: St. Paul Reviews

Post by Todd »

I was thinking I'd heard that some of the "wow factor" stuff mentioned here was cut from the show - not because of lack of rehearsal - but for safety reasons. I'm sure all of the current Billys on the tour are capable of doing a flip off the piano like the past Billys used to do, but I think they discontinued it because of fear of injury. Personally, I don't remember many - if any - injuries from the piano flip in the past, so I wonder if they're erring a bit too much on the side of caution in this case.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Maybe the safety factor has to do with the stability of the piano and/or how it's fastened to the stage. I suppose that this could be different now than it used to be. That's just a thought.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
accessmenj
Mr Braithwaite

Post by accessmenj »

ERinVA wrote:Thank you, kport. The show couldn't go on without all those talented and dedicated cast members in addition to the Billys. Having seen this SETA version of the tour as well as London, NY, Chicago, Toronto, and the first incarnation of the road tour, I actually think that as a whole, this current BETM tour cast is one of the strongest I have seen anywhere.

I agree with ERinVA. I have not seen as many venues and productions of BETM as some, but the quality of the child-performers remains as strong as ever, and the ensemble and adult actors are better overall currently than the previous productions. I worry that this would degrade in a non-SETA or Actors Equity production.
ActingDude17
Tall Boy

Post by ActingDude17 »

Todd wrote:I was thinking I'd heard that some of the "wow factor" stuff mentioned here was cut from the show - not because of lack of rehearsal - but for safety reasons. I'm sure all of the current Billys on the tour are capable of doing a flip off the piano like the past Billys used to do, but I think they discontinued it because of fear of injury. Personally, I don't remember many - if any - injuries from the piano flip in the past, so I wonder if they're erring a bit too much on the side of caution in this case.
Wasn't Alex Ko's injury the result of a piano flip?
UK/Ireland Tour
Billy: Lewis Smallman
Michael: Elliot Stiff

2nd American Tour
Billy: Giuseppe Bausilio, Michael Dameski, Ty Forhan
Michael: Griffin Birney x2, Cameron Clifford
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

I don't recall ever hearing anything about what brought about his injury.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.

Return to “Reviews - N. American/International Tour”