Tanner Pflueger--Billy: London & Broadway

Muppet
Michael

Re: Tanner Pflueger

Post by Muppet »

WM09 wrote:Thanks for the welcome! Your right about the strange effect, it seemed that my jaw was left hanging open for the majority of the performance, and not just Tanners, the rest of the cast were outstanding too. I thought Dean-Charles was hilarious and Annabelle played Debbie brilliantly getting a lot of laughs from the audience.

There's something about the music which really hit me, a lot of raw emotion, i actually bought the soundtrack today and it's been on repeat non stop, funny concidering i'm a hip hop DJ but i find musical's a nice step away from my everyday lifestyle.

Anyway, like i said Tanner was great, i've never seen another billy perform but from what i saw last night, he really was outstanding.

I must add also that i would have never known he was American without looking at the website, he pulls off the accent so well! He did accidently let it slip slightly last night whilst singing 'Electricity' but it was a minor and i still wouldn't have known he was American.
Hey, welcome to the forum and I am glad to hear you enjoyed BETM on Saturday! ;)

I was actually there too and I was VERY pleased when I looked at the foyer board and saw that it said that it was going to be Tanner as Billy as I had not seen him before. A number of forum members had told me that they thought I would particularly like Tanner's portrayal of Billy. He reminded me of a combination of Travis, Liam & Olly - and knowing how much I liked their interpretations of Billy, they weren't incorrect in their assumptions that Tanner would be a Billy I would like too! :D

Tanner's strength is definitely his ballet. WITHOUT DOUBT by far the BEST pirouhettes I have ever seen ANY Billy do (and as you know I've seen one or two!)!! Absolutely superb dancing! Also the most CONVINCING Swan Lake I've seen - the facial and physical likeness between Tanner and Barnaby (as Older Billy) was perfect.
Not once did I pick up any sign of an American accent; what professionalism to pick up, not only a different countries accent, but a strong regional dialect so brilliantly too.

Well done Tanner!! Keep WOWING those audiences! They LOVED you on Saturday and rightly so!! 8-)
pinknick103
Tony

Post by pinknick103 »

Im desperate to see Tanner after all the great things Ive heard about him. Have been trying to see him for ages, but have just missed him every time. Trying to catch him this week - hoping the staff at the stage door might be able to help me !!!
Mike Newman
Tall Boy

Post by Mike Newman »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Have a great time Tanner. I cannot imagine you actually resting !!, but take it easy, chill out, and let everyone spoil you to bits ! Give Tyler some extra hugs, and take Charlie for long ''walkies", and make a HUGE fuss of Mum and Dad !! "Dont hide your light under a bushel Tracy '...... sorry Tanner?!?!?! do not be shy ,and don't be fraid to tell everyone at home that the London audiences are wild about you, 'cos we sure are ! AND DON'T FORGET TO SET YOUR ALARM CLOCK for a safe return. We love you and miss you, just the same as the folks back home !!

"If you want to be a dancer, dance, if you want to be a miner, mine "
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

Mike. What are you talking about? I can't follow your post at all.
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
Muppet
Michael

Post by Muppet »

Mike Newman wrote: "Dont hide your light under a bushel Tracy '...... sorry Tyler?!?!?! do not be shy
Are you okay Mike?! :? :| :?:
MrWestEnd
Ballet Girl

Post by MrWestEnd »

Thats what it sounds like...
But great pictures of Tanner! And also the fire engines!
"Merry Christmas Maggie Thatcher, We all celebrate today, Cause it's one day closer to your death" - Billy Elliot the musical - Merry Christmas Maggie Thatcher

"Do you think the wizard is dumb? Or like munchkins so small minded?" - Wicked - The Wizard and I
Mike Newman
Tall Boy

Post by Mike Newman »

:shock: :shock: :shock: Well , I would never deny that I might be going around the bend, but I was led to believe that Tanner was having a short break . There's one born every minute, so I could well have swallowed the story hook line and sinker. Time alone will tell . The last thing I would wish to do is to upset Tanner and family . Better find me a big hole !!

"and we all go together when we go "
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

Mike Newman wrote:I was led to believe that Tanner was having a short break
Well you never read it on the forum Mike so it was no wonder nobody knew what you were talking about.
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
Mike Newman
Tall Boy

Post by Mike Newman »

Muppet wrote:
Mike Newman wrote: "Dont hide your light under a bushel Tracy '...... sorry Tanner?!?!?! do not be shy
Are you okay Mike?! :? :| :?:

Sorry, my stupid mistake , now ammended

Mike
Geridith
Tall Boy

Post by Geridith »

Tanner is definitely back in the US at the moment, and in New York. Saw him chatting with the staff and ballet girls at the stagedoor tonight. :) He looks so much like Liam I totally did a double take at first...
LONDON: Liam M (1), Tom (3), Rhys Y (2), Dean Charles (1); NEW YORK: Trent (11), Tommy (10), Kiril (9), David (8), Tanner (3), Liam R (3), Dayton (3), Michael D (3), Alex (2), Jacob (1); CHICAGO: Tommy (1), Giuseppe (1), Cesar (1) = 63 shows total :)
BETMNY Billy Schedule on Twitter! http://www.twitter.com/BETMNY

Return to “Cast Members - Past Regional Productions”