Sao Paulo, Brazil

Westletonion
Miner

Re: Sao Paulo, Brazil

Post by Westletonion »

porschesrule wrote:Here are some awesome Tour production photos -- great closeups and quality!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rkrossi/se ... 953191362/

Excellent photos. Thanks.
BEtourfan
Tony

Post by BEtourfan »

CJ-Rochester wrote:The airlines have this game down to a science, ie: overbooking flights and betting that a certain percentage of passengers won't show up.
Quite true ... this includes reviewing historical cancellations on specific dates to more accurately predict future cancellations on those dates. Theaters (and other limited-seating ticketed events) could presumably do the same.
dongringo
Debbie

Post by dongringo »

BEtourfan wrote:
CJ-Rochester wrote:The airlines have this game down to a science, ie: overbooking flights and betting that a certain percentage of passengers won't show up.
Quite true ... this includes reviewing historical cancellations on specific dates to more accurately predict future cancellations on those dates. Theaters (and other limited-seating ticketed events) could presumably do the same.
Pretty sure this would create a nightmare. People travel alone all the time, but most people partake of entertainment with friends or family among other considerations. The sellout method is really the only sensible method (in my opinion).
.......__o
.......\ <,
....( )/ ( )
michaelJ
Tall Boy

Post by michaelJ »

Great photos from Brazil! I wonder why there hasn't been very many photos of Ty coming out of there?

Also, a link to Playbill.com detailing Newsies SRO:

http://www.playbill.com/celebritybuzz/a ... y-Policies

22 SRO tickets per sold out show.
louisv
Audience Member

Post by louisv »

I'm from São Paulo and I've seen the show twice already - first with Mitchell, then with Ty, and I still hope to see Drew as Billy. Plus, I had seen the musical on Broadway a few years ago, so I told everyone I know to go see it. I think it is performing really well in Brazil, even though Credicard Hall is a big place and can seat up to 7,000 people. The audience is showing up, which is great.

The subtitles were a little off during the first show I saw and some of the jokes were lost in translation, but they changed it later on and the timing is much better now. Many parents are taking their kids, and they are really enjoying it despite the language barrier (and the shows usually end around midnight, so it's kinda late for them). If I know more about how BETM is doing over here, I'll let you know.
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

Thank you, louisv, for the update. And welcome to the forum!
jdmag44
Michael

Post by jdmag44 »

Thank you very much louisv for the update. and WELCOME TO THE FORUM
angelenroute
Billy

Post by angelenroute »

louisv wrote:I'm from São Paulo and I've seen the show twice already
I can't tell you how happy I am to see this post from you, louisv! Our worldwide forum community feels even larger and more enriched with just these few sentences from you. Welcome!!! And please, please, please consider posting reviews from your shows there to the São Paulo reviews thread at: http://www.billyelliottheforum.me.uk/fo ... =89&t=4336

Even just a few sentences would be GREAT! :)

Welcome to our Forum Family!

Sean from New York

P.S. Thanks for the excellent info about the translations/subtitles being off at first.

"Good writers define reality; bad ones merely restate it." -Edward Albee
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Welcome to the forum, louisv. :D Yes, please post reviews of the shows you have seen. We really want to know your take on the tour as it's being seen in Sao Paulo!
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
louisv
Audience Member

Post by louisv »

Thanks, everyone, for being so welcoming! Just came back from seeing BETM one more time (Ty again tonight), and it was great. Full house, I believe. I asked a Credicard Hall employee about it, and she told me there's a very strong audience so far. After I left, the cab driver told me every passenger he gets after Billy Elliot is delighted with the show.

Since I was at the theater, I missed Drew and Cameron performing on Altas Horas, a late night show from Brazil's largest TV broadcaster (I think they were at the studio earlier this week and performed someExpressing Yourself). But I guess the video will be online anytime soon.

Some of my friends went to the matinee and to other performances. I'll tell them about this forum, so maybe they can leave their reviews as well. I'll definitely leave some of mine!

Return to “Billy Elliot the Musical - N. Amer./Int'l Tour”