Site Admin

Re: Los Angeles Reviews

Post by ERinVA »

Here's a newly posted blog review of the L.A. show:

http://italosmoviecorner.blogspot.com/2 ... sical.html
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
dongringo
Debbie

Post by dongringo »

ERinVA wrote:Here's a newly posted blog review of the L.A. show:

http://italosmoviecorner.blogspot.com/2 ... sical.html
I like!
.......__o
.......\ <,
....( )/ ( )
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

Thank you mxmx and skkmercury for your wonderful reviews. I have never seen the Tour so your reviews are a close second best.

It would seem that the show is going down really well in Los Angeles.

Thanks to reviews like yours I have been persuaded to come to Louisville on June 28th to see a show about a boy that wants to dance ;) Don't spoil it for me by telling me what happens :lol: :lol: :lol:

There is going to be quite a gathering of Forum members in Louisville so if anybody else feels like coming then "more the merrier".
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
mxmx
Small Boy

Post by mxmx »

Caught Thursday 5/3 & Friday 5/4 shows and they were polar opposites.

Thursday was J.P. as Billy. The audience was relatively low in number. Back and sides of orchestra section were empty and there was NO ONE in the mezzanine. It was still well received, just expectedly low key.

Kylend performed Friday. The place was packed and the audience was particularly into it (Larry King was there). Really tremendous reaction, applause for "The Letter," "Deep Into the Ground" and Michael's exit on Christmas night prior to the dream ballet. Kylend is particularly amazing in both "Letter" scenes. He always loses it and has tears during every walk he does up the aisle.

One thing I heard from a person near me, but have no way of confirming, is that on Tuesday of last week the milk spilled in the early kitchen scene and that whomever was playing Billy slipped on it, went flat on his back and slid right into the set wall. He told "Grandma" that he was okay and the scene continued, and then during "Shine" Tracy Atkinson didn't perform her usual part but instead cleaned up the spill!

The two shows I saw were mishap free... which was refreshing after the earlier performance I reported that was entirely missing the Dad/Mrs. W. confrontation after "Solidarity."
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

According to the Tracking Thread, it looks like Ty was on for that show. Glad he wasn't hurt.
Ellen

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
mrmikerocks
Miner

Post by mrmikerocks »

porschesrule wrote:Billy/Michael/Tall Boy

24 - JP/Jacob/Cameron
25 - Zach/Cameron/Jacob
26 - Ty/Jacob/JP as TB
27 - Kylend/Cameron/Jacob
28 - (Mat) JP/Jacob/Cameron
28 - (Eve) Zach/Cameron/Jacob
29 - (Mat) Ty/Jacob/Cameron
29 - (Eve) Kylend/Cameron/Jacob (500th Tour Show - includes 4 Durham previews)

Monthly Performance Totals
if this is last week, it looks like it was JP?
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Sorry, I thought he said "last Tuesday." You are correct that Tuesday of last week was JP.
Ellen

mxmx
Small Boy

Post by mxmx »

Not sure which "Tuesday" the guy was referring to unfortunately, so there are no details or confirmation about the incident. He was telling about it just as Act 2 was starting. I'm pretty sure he said "Tuesday of last week," in which case it would have been April 24.
accessmenj
Mr Braithwaite

Post by accessmenj »

On his formspring, Zach said that he was the Billy who slipped on the milk.
mxmx
Small Boy

Post by mxmx »

Ah... so it wasn't even a Tuesday!

Return to “Reviews - N. American/International Tour”