October 2009 Reviews - NYC

billybuddies4eva
Tall Boy

Re: OCTOBER REVIEWS - US

Post by billybuddies4eva »

It was just the one show, full house I think. We didn't see Will Chase, since we had one of the little inserts in the play bill telling us we had the alternate/understudy, but he was still very good :D

Corey x3 Layton x3 Josh x2 Tanner x3 Brad x2 Hogan x1 Sam x1 Liam x1 Travis x1 Ollie x2 Fox 1 Trent x0.5 Davidx0.5

Shaun x4 Jonty x3 George x3 Ryan x2 Dean x2 Daniel x2 George x3 Brad x1 Jake x2 Keane x1 Connor x1
sgv123
Ballet Girl

Post by sgv123 »

Thanks for the review! You only saw 1 show, but you got to see 2 Billys!

I think that you may have seen Jeff Kready as Tony.
Oct. 2008-Dec.. 2010
Billy:Trent x5 Kiril x3* David x1*Tommy x2 Joseph x1
Michael: David x4 Frank x3 Keean x2 Trevor x2 Neil x1
Geridith
Tall Boy

Post by Geridith »

I posted this on the other forum, but I thought I'd share it here as well. Been awhile since I've posted any reviews....

Wednesday, October 21st

Tommy/Trevor, Jacob, Mitchell; Stephanie as Mum, David as Mr. B, Natalie as Lesley. Brianna in as small BG swing, Chelsea as med BG swing.

Just a quick recap: Alex, as we know, is already out with an injury. Add David A getting injured right before the matinee and Trent having a cold and that = two-show Tommy duty AND Kiril on standby. woah.

Here's some random thoughts and observations:
* Holly Taylor is the new Sharon Percy, replacing Heather Barnes. She has bangs and this really thick braid that she actually sticks in her mouth when she does the across the floor turns in ballet class so it won't whap her in the face. Cute.
* This is the first time I've seen Tommy play opposite someone shorter than him.
* Speaking of Trevor, he's an interesting kid. He has some really interesting and great quiet moments, and then dials up to 5000% without warning. To sum up: If Patti Lupone were a young boy... she'd be Trevor Braun.
* Jacob went to put his jacket during the boxing scene and came back with one nostril stuffed with either a cotton ball or kleenex and a very weary look on his face. It made me giggle.
* Kate is growing on me. I actually really love the face-off between Mrs. W and Tony now. She also has this really beautiful reaction at the end of the Letter where she is looking at Billy with this empathetic heartfelt emotion and reaches out to touch him, but then stops herself.
* The Letter itself had a really interesting energy. You got the impression that Billy and Mum were laughing at some inside joke when she first came over to him, then got serious when she put her hands on his knees. Can never have enough of Tommy's infectious smile.
* Tommy was more vocal than usual in the first half of Angry Dance, he was really cutting loose with the yells, and especially the one at the end. He collapsed onto the floor and then just sort of let loose into the floor so long you couldn't really hear the usual reverb. Goosebumps. Thank you cancellation line for putting me in C 107. :)
* Jacob's starting to do some nice things with Posh Boy. Tonight I could see him becoming a Michael.
* The elevator sound for the mine shaft went off WAY too early, and the sound cue continued as the miners stood there awkwardly not moving. By the time they descended, it was all on vocals, with no elevator sound.
* I think it was Chelsea Galembo's first time on as a swing, she came out with flowers, and she had lots of family members waiting at the SD. Congrats to her :)

Wrote a lot more than I meant to... but I'll relay the quote we shared in chat:

sph: "Two shows in one day? How are you not falling down right now?"
Tommy: "Uh, macaroni and cheese?"

We love you, Tommy Batchelor. :)
LONDON: Liam M (1), Tom (3), Rhys Y (2), Dean Charles (1); NEW YORK: Trent (11), Tommy (10), Kiril (9), David (8), Tanner (3), Liam R (3), Dayton (3), Michael D (3), Alex (2), Jacob (1); CHICAGO: Tommy (1), Giuseppe (1), Cesar (1) = 63 shows total :)
BETMNY Billy Schedule on Twitter! http://www.twitter.com/BETMNY
angelenroute
Billy

Post by angelenroute »

clipping my favorite bits from your review:
Geridith wrote:Kiril on standby. ----- If Patti Lupone were a young boy... she'd be Trevor Braun. -----
* Jacob went to put his jacket during the boxing scene and came back with one nostril stuffed with either a cotton ball or kleenex and a very weary look on his face. It made me giggle. ----- * Tommy was more vocal than usual in the first half of Angry Dance, he was really cutting loose with the yells, and especially the one at the end. He collapsed onto the floor and then just sort of let loose into the floor so long you couldn't really hear the usual reverb. Goosebumps. ----- We love you, Tommy Batchelor. :)
Thanks so much for writing a review! I keep forgetting to log in to Friends Of Billy for the chat and posts. I really should put up a sign on my monitor to remind me. =)

When Kiril is the standby, does he have to be back in New York at the ready? Trevor Braun is definitely an amazing theatre persona already and we're so lucky to have him on board! YAY for Jacob for giving Tall Boy his due notice in the show! GREAT move by him and/or whoever decided to add that! And Tommy Batchelor, you smart-a...........alek, I'm so happy to hear your comfort level is so high and you're doing a fantastic job leading the charge for Year 2! Chicago is going to love you as much as we do and we miss you already!

Thank you Geridith!!!

Sean

"Good writers define reality; bad ones merely restate it." -Edward Albee
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Thanks, Geridith. :D

I am really looking forward to seeing both Tommy and Trevor again during my first anniversary Billython, as well as getting acquainted with Kate as Mrs. W. and also Alex as Billy (hope, hope).
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.

Return to “Reviews Archive”