November 2009 Reviews - London

pinknick103
Tony

Re: November 2009 - Reviews

Post by pinknick103 »

Has Tom added something to his Electricity after the wall flip ????
Dean x1, Leon x1, Trent x1, Josh x12, Layton x10, Corey x5, Fox x10, Tom x15, Brad x5,Ollie x7,Tanner x2, Dean CC x 9, Aaron x 2, Rhys x3, Scott x5, Ryan x10, Adam x2, Kaine x5, Harris x3, Harrison x12, Redmond x3, Ali x1
patc
Mrs Wilkinson

Post by patc »

pinknick103 wrote:Has Tom added something to his Electricity after the wall flip ????
After he lands he does a sort of leap a bit more towards the centre of the stage. The first time I saw it I likened it to the end of the fillum as done by Adam Cooper.

I forgot to mention that Tom has also added something else to the "little fairies on top of the cake". When Debbie asks "can we have a go" Tom gets down from being on one leg, turns around to the audience and visibly winces with the pain as if to say " Blo...dy 'ell, that was sore". :D

Pat
Clazzimay
Small Boy

Post by Clazzimay »

No reviews for a week!!!!! Whats going on?

Surely someone has seen the show......
LIPSTICK, MASCARA & A TIARA PEOPLE WILL THINK YOUR MENTAL!!
patc
Mrs Wilkinson

Post by patc »

Thursday Matinee 19th Nov

Fox, Jake, Fleur

Mrs. W - Stephanie
Dead Mum - Rhona
Mr. B - Shaun Henson
Older Billy - Shaun Walters

Just time for a quick report.
Where was everyone yesterday? Not just the cast but only three of the matinee regulars turned up and the audience was the smallest I have ever seen at the VPT with a consequent low-key atmosphere before the start instead of the usual exciteable bubble and squeak .

The big news is that C15 appears to have been refurbished. The first thing I noticed was that when I went to pull down the seat it required a lot pressure just to get it down. Then, when I sat on it, I was towering above every one around (I'm not exactly 6' 9"). If johnnyc sits in that seat I wouldn't want to be in D15 :D

From what I heard it seems that Fox, Jake and Fleur had done Wed. evening too. The usual for the Michaels/Debbies but not the Billys.

Anyway, those who were there were treated to the usual scintillating and emotional show led by the unstoppable and intrepid Fox who would most likely do every show if he was allowed to. :D

Pat
myrte
Small Boy

Post by myrte »

I come from the Netherlands and last week I visit London for a few days. During my trip to London I also visit the Victoria Palce theater to see the musical of Billy Elliot for the first time. The show was amazing! :o :D

Wednesday 18th

Billy: Fox
Michael: Jake
Debby: Fleur
Mr. Braithwaite was played by Shaun Henson
Billy's older self by Shaun Walters

I was very impressed with the whole show and especially the boy who played Blilly. Amazing how well he sang, acted and of course danced. And with so much emotion, realy great! What most impressed me was his angry dance. I was completely in tension and his anger gaves me goosebumps. After Electricity he got a huge aplause that lasted very long. A man who sat a few rows behind me shouted several times very hard, "BRAVO! BRAVO! Fox could hardly stop laughing. But than he continued very professionaly. I can't wait to see the show again! In a few years the show will come to Holland but I know for sure it will never be as good as I saw in London!
pucka
Tall Boy

Post by pucka »

patc wrote:From what I heard it seems that Fox, Jake and Fleur had done Wed. evening too. The usual for the Michaels/Debbies but not the Billys.
Tom did monday and tuesday :)
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

patc wrote:The big news is that C15 appears to have been refurbished.
Excellent news. I'm in it for Connor and Annabelle's leaving show.

Thanks for the reviews patc, NoDayButToday and mryte.
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
tolle
Audience Member

Post by tolle »

Friday 20th

Just a short note--

What a great Show it just seems to get better and better the more times you see it.

I have seen it now 17 times and just what to see more.

The cast who all told the story together with fantastic acting. You are laughing one minute crying the next .

The Ballet Girls were on top form as usual , the unsung heroes who are often forgotten among the great Billy's and cast.The Girl who plays Susan Parks is is simply outstanding--- in character all the time and those faces she pulls,made me giggle.booking to go and see the show in a few weeks .
ilovefoxjacksonkeen
Tall Boy

Post by ilovefoxjacksonkeen »

tolle wrote:Friday 20th

Just a short note--

What a great Show it just seems to get better and better the more times you see it.

I have seen it now 17 times and just what to see more.

The cast who all told the story together with fantastic acting. You are laughing one minute crying the next .

The Ballet Girls were on top form as usual , the unsung heroes who are often forgotten among the great Billy's and cast.The Girl who plays Susan Parks is is simply outstanding--- in character all the time and those faces she pulls,made me giggle.booking to go and see the show in a few weeks .
which Billy did you see?
Billy Elliot <3
08/8/09- Fox
14/8/09 - Ollie
19/9/09- Fox
17/10/09- Fox
06/11/09- Fox
12/12/09- Fox
24/1/10 - Ollie
27/3/10- Fox
Fox Jackson-Keen! <3
JohnH
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Post by JohnH »

Many thanks for all the reviews everyone. Don't forget, you don't have to write a whole page for a review. Some of the best reviews I read have been just a couple of lines.
patc wrote:Thursday Matinee 19th Nov

Where was everyone yesterday? Not just the cast but only three of the matinee regulars turned up
Don't worry Pat, I'll be there to bolster the numbers this week. :D

Return to “Reviews Archive”