Kylend Hetherington--Billy: US Tour

BE4ever7151
Audience Member

Re: Kylend Hetherington--Billy: Second National Tour

Post by BE4ever7151 »

I saw Kylend play Michael on Broadway back in July with Michael Dameski as Billy. If these two pair up for one of the shows then it would be the same Billy and Michael as I saw. I think that would be interesting to see the same two boys in the same roles in a different production and venue.
Billy-Broadway: Michael D x1, Jacob x1 Tour: Ethan x1 Daniel x1
Michael- Broadway: Kylend H. x1, Jake x1 Tour: Jacob x2
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

Indeed it would.
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
CJ-Rochester
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by CJ-Rochester »

Per the tracking page Kylend played Billy this afternoon, after playing Michael last night. The adult swings do this all the time, but I think it is quite an achievement for such a young actor.
:/
angelenroute
Billy

Post by angelenroute »

porschesrule wrote:Tampa Bay Online (tbo.com) has this very positive review of the National Tour production. The writer saw Kylend Hetherington as Billy.

http://tboextra.com/content/2011/feb/07 ... /tboextra/
Cross-posting this great review of KH here. I've had a soft spot in my heart for Kylend from day one. It's his joy on stage that--dare I say it--reminds me very much of my first Billy, Corey Snide. Now I still haven't seen Kylend as Billy unfortunately, but I was happy to catch him as Michael in Charlotte, and of course as Tall Boy on Broadway. As Tall Boy he said "gosh" with perfection (I know, seems weird to zero in on one word, but it summed up for me how much talent he had even in that smaller role). And as Michael he was just filled with joy every second. When the second act begins and George is doing his bit, Kylend was just giggling to himself and looking out at the audience with a "isn't this all just GREAT?!" expression. :D

The reviewer from Tampa says it best: "When he danced in tandem with Older Billy (Maximilien A. Baud) in the magnificent "Swan Lake" movement, he exuded an unquestionable love for the performance. A perfect example of "show, don't tell," Hetherington physically expressed the verbally inexpressible: how it feels to dance."

Still hope I can catch Kylend soon enough as Billy, but looking forward to praising him in my upcoming review of his show from January 30th. Will hopefully be posting in the Charlotte reviews section ASAP this week or next.

Sean

"Good writers define reality; bad ones merely restate it." -Edward Albee
ActingDude17
Tall Boy

Post by ActingDude17 »

I'm looking forward to your review. I'd love to see Kylend in the show someday. He seems like such a nice kid.
UK/Ireland Tour
Billy: Lewis Smallman
Michael: Elliot Stiff

2nd American Tour
Billy: Giuseppe Bausilio, Michael Dameski, Ty Forhan
Michael: Griffin Birney x2, Cameron Clifford
angelenroute
Billy

Post by angelenroute »

ActingDude17 wrote:I'm looking forward to your review. I'd love to see Kylend in the show someday. He seems like such a nice kid.
I know I'm still atrociously behind schedule on my last two Charlotte reviews, sorry. Kylend deserves more shoutouts here too. My Word document with notes and review starts stares at me sadly on my desktop every day. Boo.
renf1225
Audience Member

Kylend Hetherington

Post by renf1225 »

Kylend Hetherington, one of the current "Billys" now playing in Houston: does any one know if he might be related to old high school friends of mine, Lane & Sharon Hetherington? I graduated from Wateford Township High School in 1955 and the Hetheringtons were in this class as well. Kylend is from Auburn Hills MI which is near this area. I would appreciate any feed back on this...RW Houston TX
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Re: Kylend Hetherington--Billy: US Tour

Post by Billy Whiz »

An interesting article in The Oregonian about the 4 boys who play Billy. I have posted this link in all 4 boys' threads.

http://www.oregonlive.com/performance/i ... eling.html
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
angelenroute
Billy

Post by angelenroute »

Billy Whiz wrote:An interesting article in The Oregonian about the 4 boys who play Billy. I have posted this link in all 4 boys' threads.

http://www.oregonlive.com/performance/i ... eling.html
Thank you BW! And I loved this GREAT quote from the fantastic Faith Prince about the Billys:

"Lex has a comic mischievousness about him," she says. "Kylend is cleverly comic and deep. Daniel is extremely deep and boyishly just kind of wildly present. And Giuseppe is like having a Greek god do Billy. His body and his physicality and his voice? Amazing! And they're all completely different."

And LOVED this from Kylend:

How dancing makes him feel: "It's the greatest feeling in the whole wide world. It's like you can let your body do what it knows how to do. It's like getting paid to do your favorite thing in the world."

Sean

p.s. if anyone finds daniel's videos on youtube or anywhere, please lemme know =)

"Good writers define reality; bad ones merely restate it." -Edward Albee
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

I think at least one of Daniel's videos is linked on here, either in his thread or in multimedia.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.

Return to “Cast - N. American/International Tour”