5th Birthday show will be Wednesday 31st March

jacob
Ballet Girl

Re: 5th Birthday show will be Wednesday 31st March

Post by jacob »

This just illustrates the disregard that the Company, Working Title, have for this Forum. By saying that I do not include the Director, Resident Director and cast who are tremendously appreciative of their BETM fans.
Maybe there is TV and Press all built into the March date ? Maybe Elton, David and Lee are only available for this date?
But it would have been nice to have been told earlier.

'and ain't that the truth'
'Are we human or are we dancers?' The Killers

Finish
pexcornel
Miner

Post by pexcornel »

Mike wrote: word of mouth is one of the best forms of advertisement there is and it doesnt cost anything.
Many of us did much more than word of mouth and got nothing in exchange, not that we expect anything beforehand, but sometimes a polite reply does wonders. Ignorance brings just sadness.

But every minute of the life brings experience to one.

Again, I just bought another ticket and I'm gonna see both shows, that's because I can manage that(time wise), many can't, I'm sorry for those. The truth is that events like these can´t really be planned months ahead and expect to just work-out as expected. I planned ahead for the MJ's concerts too... :(
Tanner x3; Fox x4; Ollie x3; Brad x2; Tom x4.
tzwicky
George

Re: This is a kick in the privates!

Post by tzwicky »

patc wrote:
tzwicky wrote:Perhaps a lyricist among May 12 attendees can come up with some new lyrics to jam into "Happy Birthday."
OK, all non-UK based fans, to the tune of "Happy Birthday To You":

Oh I feel so, so silly
Cos I went and booked for Billy
For the wrong day the 12th May
But "who cares?" that's what I say

So to London I'm still going
In a nice comfy Boeing
So Happy Birthday Dear Billy
Happy (Real) Birthday to you

Pat
And "Airbus" fits into the song if the plane isn't a "Boeing," too.

tzwicky
jen
Miner

Post by jen »

Booked a ticket today at least I hope it is ok over the phone D1 stalls didn't realise that they were cheaper in the week, I realise for people who book flights there is not a lot of notice but for other people it is 4 months we had less for the 1st aniversary, whatever should be fun and wil keep my other May ticket as well they are spaced apart.
It is a great show that people do come and see. Because it's not
just a show for adults, or just for children, or just for people that
like theatre, I'd say for everyone, and it's got so much emotion
behind it. Because who ever comes and sees it, feels the story -
so I think: it's brilliant!" (GM)
ilovefoxjacksonkeen
Tall Boy

Post by ilovefoxjacksonkeen »

I have booked tickets for May 12th AND 31st march! im sorted :)
Billy Elliot <3
08/8/09- Fox
14/8/09 - Ollie
19/9/09- Fox
17/10/09- Fox
06/11/09- Fox
12/12/09- Fox
24/1/10 - Ollie
27/3/10- Fox
Fox Jackson-Keen! <3
jen
Miner

Post by jen »

will there be a seating plan? looks like seats in the stalls are selling quickly though there are others in other parts of the theatre.
It is a great show that people do come and see. Because it's not
just a show for adults, or just for children, or just for people that
like theatre, I'd say for everyone, and it's got so much emotion
behind it. Because who ever comes and sees it, feels the story -
so I think: it's brilliant!" (GM)
Todd
Dad

Post by Todd »

johnnyc wrote: I hate to say this, but my last London trip for BETM may just be just that - my final visit to the VPT. :( :( (Sorry, but any anticipation of going in May has just evaporated.)
I can imagine the frustration - especially after having just been to the New York anniversary show a couple of weeks ago with the anticipation of something special happening on stage and then having them make no mention about it being the 1 year anniversary. Seems like a double whammy to now find out that they've changed the date on the London anniversary show.

I've now guessed wrong on 2 trips (one to London and one to New York) where I had been led to believe that it would be a "last performance" night for one of the Billys, only to find out later that their leaving date had been changed. And more recently I was in New York for the anniversary show just mentioned above.

The lesson I'm learning is: wait until I hear a definitive date of something special happening before buying tickets to it. This means not being able to plan as far in advance as I'd like, but it saves the disappointment of what's been happening lately with anniversary shows, last performances, etc.

My enthusiasm for the London show has been in somewhat of a decline anyway, as they've continued to take away one thing after another that had added so much to the experience - specifically, the cast no longer interacting with the fans after the show but hustling out the stage door and down the street (or out the front door and onto the Billy bus), and not giving out the performance schedule to make it easier to plan Billy-a-thons for visitors coming from overseas. (I've heard the reasons for the changes on both of these and understand for the most part, but I think there's a compromise that could have been reached rather than quitting both of them cold turkey). Does this make it less likely that I will ever be back to the Victoria Palace ? Actually, no.

See, a funny thing happened on the way to planning my London Billy-a-thons: I ended up falling in love with England ! When I'm not there, I find myself thinking frequently of the nice people I've met and become friends with there, eating fish and chips at my favorite pubs (the Duke of York next to the Victoria Palace Theatre, The Royal Oak across from the Windsor-Eton train station, and Ye Olde Fighting Cocks in St. Albans), the ancient and historic buildings everywhere you turn, the hilly stone roads of Windsor, the tree-lined jogging/biking trails of the London parks, the way the pigeons mingle among the bustling commuters in Victoria Station, the comfortable and relaxing trips by train to other parts of the country, the beauty of the Malvern hills, the academic atmosphere of Oxford, the Beatles history that oozes from so many places in Liverpool, the nice folks at Christ's Hospital School whose tour I've been able to take several friends on, my 2 favorite restaurant chains that we don't have here - Wagamama's and Bella Italia . . .. I could go on.

So while I might be more careful about planning a multiple-show visit to the Victoria Palace theatre, I do get excited thinking of being back in England and exploring new places and new towns I haven't been to yet . . .along with re-visiting some of my old favorites. That would include "Billy Elliot" - still the best 3 hours of musical theatre in London, in my humble opinion.
ilovefoxjacksonkeen
Tall Boy

What are the rules of takeing pictures on last nights/ anniverserys at Billy Elliot?
Billy Elliot <3
08/8/09- Fox
14/8/09 - Ollie
19/9/09- Fox
17/10/09- Fox
06/11/09- Fox
12/12/09- Fox
24/1/10 - Ollie
27/3/10- Fox
Fox Jackson-Keen! <3
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

ilovefoxjacksonkeen wrote:What are the rules of takeing pictures on last nights/ anniverserys at Billy Elliot?
http://www.billyelliottheforum.me.uk/fo ... ?f=2&t=382
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
ilovefoxjacksonkeen
Tall Boy

Billy Whiz wrote:
ilovefoxjacksonkeen wrote:What are the rules of takeing pictures on last nights/ anniverserys at Billy Elliot?
http://www.billyelliottheforum.me.uk/fo ... ?f=2&t=382
Thanks!
Billy Elliot <3
08/8/09- Fox
14/8/09 - Ollie
19/9/09- Fox
17/10/09- Fox
06/11/09- Fox
12/12/09- Fox
24/1/10 - Ollie
27/3/10- Fox
Fox Jackson-Keen! <3