March 2010 Reviews - Chicago

NIKKIE-NIKKIE
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Re: March 2010 Reviews - Chicago

Post by NIKKIE-NIKKIE »

Seems so odd reading reviews from so many places now, when it was just London for a considerable time.

Well done on the reviews though guys, glad to see the magic spreading.
Take life with a pinch of salt.....a slice of lime, and a shot of tequila.
johnnyc
Mr Braithwaite

Post by johnnyc »

Matinee Sunday March 21

Billy - Tommy

Michael: Keean

yes, a girl accidentally knocked the 50 p glass out of Mrs Wilkenson's hand, and it shattered in a million pieces on the stage floor. :O :shock: Needless to say, everything stopped for about 10 minutes as stage hands carefully swept and mopped away all of the broken glass. Bet they'll use a plastic glass from now on. BTW, I suspect that this may be the first time in the history of BETM that this has happened.

But there was another curse to come. The computer went mad during angry dance and various instruments cut in and out, and at times the sound just disappeared! :shock: But Tommy never let it phase him. He continued dancing as though nothing was wrong. What a professional! I asked Tommy after the show how all this affected him and he admitted he was a bit shocked at first.

A change from yestersday - small boy now yells "looser" as he exists the boxing hall. Interesting performance to say the least.
Rich B
Technical Advisor
Technical Advisor

Post by Rich B »

johnnyc wrote:The computer went mad during angry dance and various instruments cut in and out, and at times the sound just disappeared! :shock: But Tommy never let it phase him. He continued dancing as though nothing was wrong. What a professional!
I second that, John. Tommy continued as if nothing happened. It was weird seeing him do Angry Dance without any music for a few seconds. :shock: Yes, what a pro he is!
johnnyc
Mr Braithwaite

Post by johnnyc »

Another "adjustment" made at the matinee Sunday - when Michael punched Big Davy in, er, the "neither regions", :shock: Davy sunk to his knees and grimaced in pain, as he called Michael "you little ba***rd and threw the glove after the retreating kid. Then he got up and announced he was going to the picket line.
johnnyc
Mr Braithwaite

Post by johnnyc »

At the stage door, after the matinee, a gentlemen was with a young boy who was looking to get autographs. The older man spotted Tommy signing programs and asked, "young man, who were you in the show?" :o Tommy studied the situation for a few seconds before replying "er, I was Billy." "Oh," said the man to the child, "get this boy's autograph."

Some stage door moments are priceless. :D :lol:
Moby-Dick
Tall Boy

Post by Moby-Dick »

johnnyc wrote:At the stage door, after the matinee, a gentlemen was with a young boy who was looking to get autographs. The older man spotted Tommy signing programs and asked, "young man, who were you in the show?" :o Tommy studied the situation for a few seconds before replying "er, I was Billy." "Oh," said the man to the child, "get this boy's autograph."

Some stage door moments are priceless. :D :lol:
Oh goodness! :lol:

Perhaps - as the Oriental Theatre is so big - the man and his son were seated very far back and couldn't see Tommy well enough to recognize him. When I saw Dean-Charles in London the first time, our seats were pretty far back in the Grand Circle, and I didn't get a really good sense of what Dean looked like until I googled him when I got home that night.

Still. I would have tried to be a bit more subtle about the whole situation! ;)
x
M-D
CJ-Rochester
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by CJ-Rochester »

johnnyc wrote:Another "adjustment" made at the matinee Sunday - when Michael punched Big Davy in, er, the "neither regions", :shock: Davy sunk to his knees and grimaced in pain, as he called Michael "you little ba***rd and threw the glove after the retreating kid. Then he got up and announced he was going to the picket line.
You mean George, not Big Davey, right?
:/
BillyAddict
Tall Boy

Post by BillyAddict »

CJ-Rochester wrote:
johnnyc wrote:Another "adjustment" made at the matinee Sunday - when Michael punched Big Davy in, er, the "neither regions", :shock: Davy sunk to his knees and grimaced in pain, as he called Michael "you little ba***rd and threw the glove after the retreating kid. Then he got up and announced he was going to the picket line.
You mean George, not Big Davey, right?
Must have been the excitement of having breakfast with me this morning before I flew out :lol:

Yes he would mean George, there certainly hasn't beeen that big a change !
167 Performances!

Lochie x 21.5; Nick x 11; Corey x 1; Rhys x 19; Rarmian x 17.75; Dayton x 24.75; Josh W-G x 18; Michael x 19; Josh D x 12; Daniel x 3; Tom x 1; Ollie G x 1; Fox x 1, Liam R x 2, Alex x 5, Cesar x 2, Tommy x 1, John Peter x 1, Peter x 4, Jacob x 2.
Scott x 30; Thomas x 28.25; Joel x 31; Landen x 33.75; Liam x 14; Jake x 1; Connor x 1; George x 1, Trevor x 4, Jake Evan x 3, Gabriel x 8, Keean x 2, Neil x 11.
Fiona x 18; Rosie x 25; Shannon x 23; Kelsi x 23; Prudence x 2; Lauren x 10; Cassandra x 15; Nina x 9; Isabelle x 12; Fleur x 2; Francesca x 1, Issy x 7, Maria x 4, Georgi x 17.
Rich B
Technical Advisor
Technical Advisor

Post by Rich B »

Tonight was Cesar and Gabriel. Perhaps, one of the best of the first 6 previews. Definitely Cesar's best of the 3 he's done so far.
johnnyc
Mr Braithwaite

Post by johnnyc »

Sorry people, but Cindy has become Barbie, and I have changed big George to big Davy! Learn to live with it. :lol: :lol:

Return to “Reviews - Chicago”