Most moving/emotional part of the show

Is the Music live? Where are auditons held?
NIKKIE-NIKKIE
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Re: Most moving/emotional part of the show

Post by NIKKIE-NIKKIE »

Angry Dance, gets me every single time. In fact was the scene that caused this addiction.

On this note, Josh leaving was sad, as he kicked hell out of the toilet in this scene.

The kiss on the hand at the end of Grandma's song, so sweet.

The faces on any "Billy" when they audience burst into applause.

As noted above Oliver's and Corey's last nights were full of emotion.
Take life with a pinch of salt.....a slice of lime, and a shot of tequila.
Muppet
Michael

Post by Muppet »

Todd wrote:
Chris wrote: On Ollie's last night the most emotional part as far as I was concerned was the use of Christian namers in the goodbye scene, "See ya, Ryan", "Yeah, see ya, Olly" brought a tear to my eye.
Particularly since both Ollie and Ryan were doing their final show that night. Not sure if there's been another farewell show where both Billy and Michael were doing their final performance at the same time. And in Ryan's case, he was the last of the original child cast who was leaving, adding another level of poignancy to the occasion.
Matthew Koon and Brad Kavanagh left on the same night. It was a really sad occasion. :cry: :cry: :cry:
Chris
Tall Boy

Post by Chris »

Muppet wrote: Matthew Koon and Brad Kavanagh left on the same night. It was a really sad occasion. :cry: :cry: :cry:
You beat me to that one Muppet, Ashley Lloyd and James Lomas also left on the same night (although James later returned to the show to help out).
pinknick103
Tony

Post by pinknick103 »

Layton and Shaun Malone also left on the same night, along with Debbie - Alicia Hawkins xx
Dean x1, Leon x1, Trent x1, Josh x12, Layton x10, Corey x5, Fox x10, Tom x15, Brad x5,Ollie x7,Tanner x2, Dean CC x 9, Aaron x 2, Rhys x3, Scott x5, Ryan x10, Adam x2, Kaine x5, Harris x3, Harrison x12, Redmond x3, Ali x1
Todd
Dad

Post by Todd »

pinknick103 wrote:Layton and Shaun Malone also left on the same night, along with Debbie - Alicia Hawkins xx
Wow, surprised I forgot about this one. That's a lot of experience leaving the show at the same time with Layton and Shaun - two of the longest-running cast members in the show's history.
Muppet
Michael

Post by Muppet »

Chris wrote:
Muppet wrote: Matthew Koon and Brad Kavanagh left on the same night. It was a really sad occasion. :cry: :cry: :cry:
You beat me to that one Muppet, Ashley Lloyd and James Lomas also left on the same night (although James later returned to the show to help out).
Yes, James helped out backstage for a while didn't he? I spotted him as the 'miner' who brings on the smoke machine and stands at the back of the jeering group during 'Solidarity'. Also as the backstage assistant who helps raise the banner at the rear.
Chris
Tall Boy

Post by Chris »

He also did some further performances as Billy; either Liam or Leon was injured, so he covered them for a while. He (and George, after his 'official' last night) stayed with the company until Travis Yates started and then he gave one final performance the following January.
"In everything you do, always be yourself"
johnnyc
Mr Braithwaite

Post by johnnyc »

Neither Liam nor Leon was injured at the time James Lomas returned to the production to help out on weekends. Liam Mower had become exhausted trying to juggle the demands of the show with his training at the Royal Ballet. So he had to take some time off. I'm not certain just when Liam returned to BETM, but the producers felt some additional help was still needed after George Maguire officially left the show in early December 2005. It seems that George's intended replacement wasn't quite ready yet. So George agreed to return and share the following two weekend shows with James. George then left for good with his performance on 17 December. James Lomas also stopped filling in at the same time, but as Chris noted, he came back and did two additional shows in January 2006.
burtond
Michael

Post by burtond »

burtond wrote:For me, it has to be the final slow curtain just before the Finale. The music does it to me every time. So loud, so appropriate, so powerful, it brings a lump to my throat just thinking about it now. And there is something about the lone figure image of Michael who has just said goodbye to his one true friend, probably the only guy who understands him in the Community - and that slow, slow curtain.
I could watch it repeatedly over and over again.
WOW!
I have just worked out why I find this sequence so emotional:
Michael has just said his final goodbye to Billy, and Billy walks off.
the music kicks in in a big way as the curtain falls but if you listen to the music, it is playing '..Love you forever; love you forever..' No words are being sung - it is just the band playing - surely this is not a coincidence but meticulously planned by Lee, Elton and Stephen.
How sad for the Michael guy - his friend and confident gone - forever!
An ex-Regular and someone who was Passionate about the show but who has now found the rest of the WEST END.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

There have been a few Michaels that actually played this tearfully, but I think that most of them just sit there on the bike and look very forlorn. I always feel terribly sad for poor Michael watching his only real friend walk away as he is left in a place that will never understand or accept him as Billy has done. :cry: That is why the finale is an absolute necessity, as far as I am concerned, so that people can go out on the high of Billy's success.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.

Return to “Information/Questions about BETM”