Tim Funnell - Ensemble, London and US/CA Tour

burtond
Michael

Tim Funnell - Ensemble, London and US/CA Tour

Post by burtond »

We have seen Tim (Scab / Ensemble / Understudy for Tony) perfoming in the role of Tony for a number of weeks now - not sure what the problem is with Craig Gallivan. I would just like to say how impressive Tim is in the role - although I have seen Craig perform a number of times, this is probably now equalled by the number of times I have seen Tim perform Tony now.
Tim - you are to be congratulated for your perfomances - they are compelling and believable - your on-stage interaction with other main characters is so natural, I am left thinking that you could have been in the role for years. Really enjoy watching you.
An ex-Regular and someone who was Passionate about the show but who has now found the rest of the WEST END.
iht
Small Boy

Re: Tim Funnell

Post by iht »

I concur, I've only seen him once in the role of Tony but he was class, loved his very real portrayal of the character. County Durham lad as well which makes him even better!
paul
Audience Member

Post by paul »

I agree (but then Tim used to be great in Tonight's the Night too).
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

I had a quick chat with Tim after the show tonight and he informed me that he is now the new Posh Dad.

I asked about David Massey and Tim said he is now the new Company Manager which means that he will not be performing any more.
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
burtond
Michael

Post by burtond »

Billy Whiz wrote:I had a quick chat with Tim after the show tonight and he informed me that he is now the new Posh Dad.

I asked about David Massey and Tim said he is now the new Company Manager which means that he will not be performing any more.
Do we know of any other significant cast moves, amends or changes?
What is the role of the Company Manager?
An ex-Regular and someone who was Passionate about the show but who has now found the rest of the WEST END.
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

burtond wrote:Do we know of any other significant cast moves, amends or changes?
What is the role of the Company Manager?
No.

I don't know.
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

I had to search a bit to find a description of the role of Company Manager, as opposed to Theatre Manager. This job description for the Nevada Ballet Theatre would seem to fit what most Company Managers in Arts/Entertainment do, more or less. Of course, BETM London does not tour or engage guest artists, but I would think that this description generally fits.

Position: Oversees day to day business of the company including, but not limited to: travel arrangements and management support for company and guest artists, management of artist contract, administrative support to Artistic Director, front of house liaison at all venues.
http://www.employment911.com/asp/jobinf ... 5175&eid=0
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
burtond
Michael

Post by burtond »

Cheers Ellen
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

burtond wrote:What is the role of the Company Manager?
I asked at the theatre tonight what was the role of the Company Manager. I was told that he/she is like a line manager to the cast. They are the go-between between the cast and the production company. He/she is in charge of scheduling cast for shows and rehearsals. The Company Manager is also in charge of pay rolls as well as discipline.

I was told that it is a very demanding job in any theatre but with the large cast and cast changes on a nightly basis it is even more demanding at BETM. I'm sure we all wish David Massey well in his new role.

burtond
Michael

Post by burtond »

Good Luck in the new role David - will miss your Posh Dad.

Return to “Cast - N. American/International Tour”