June 2010 Reviews - NYC

BillyAddict
Tall Boy

Re: June 2010 Reviews - NYC

Post by BillyAddict »

Wonderful review cincinnati. Michael sure has a way of leaving us all short for adequate review words but you did his talents every justice with your writing.

Thank you :)
167 Performances!

Lochie x 21.5; Nick x 11; Corey x 1; Rhys x 19; Rarmian x 17.75; Dayton x 24.75; Josh W-G x 18; Michael x 19; Josh D x 12; Daniel x 3; Tom x 1; Ollie G x 1; Fox x 1, Liam R x 2, Alex x 5, Cesar x 2, Tommy x 1, John Peter x 1, Peter x 4, Jacob x 2.
Scott x 30; Thomas x 28.25; Joel x 31; Landen x 33.75; Liam x 14; Jake x 1; Connor x 1; George x 1, Trevor x 4, Jake Evan x 3, Gabriel x 8, Keean x 2, Neil x 11.
Fiona x 18; Rosie x 25; Shannon x 23; Kelsi x 23; Prudence x 2; Lauren x 10; Cassandra x 15; Nina x 9; Isabelle x 12; Fleur x 2; Francesca x 1, Issy x 7, Maria x 4, Georgi x 17.
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

Thanks, cincinnati, for another great review and for reminding us of just how great of a talent the show currently has in Michael Dameski.
Musical Fanatic
Ballet Girl

Post by Musical Fanatic »

Thanks cincinnati for the nice review.
Bre*st Cancer awareness. My
Mom is now a ! year survivor
angelenroute
Billy

Post by angelenroute »

cincinnati wrote:It is very obvious to me that Michael is very cognizant of the fact that by the end of Angry Dance he is in complete control of the entire crowd...much like the puppet show at the start of the second half.
Great comparison!!!
cincinnati wrote: ...he is like a leader of a huge flock of birds with his sweeping arch of talent.
swans? ;-)

Thanks for a great review and good on you for knowing and respecting the senator!

--Sean
Musical Fanatic
Ballet Girl

Sat Jun 19 Mat

Billy-Dayton
Michael-David
Mrs W-Liz Pearce
Older Billy-Grant Turner
Clip L-Cara K
SB-Seth

Double trouble ;) :D D-team on stage D-Man and the Gangsta. Crowd had great energy and loved them both. With an interesting mix of U/S's for the show. Sat A109/110 center orchestra with hugs who I had bought a great b-day ticket present for. We sat next to a couple who had seen Layton in London couple years ago.

Shine/Solidarity
First things first praise where it is deserved. Liz Pearce was amazing as Mrs W. She played the role with a rough edged no non sense personality. Liz has a great voice and good dancing skills for the role.

Expressing Yourself
How do you come up with the words to praise a Tony nominee for Michael(David) and a two continent 3 city Billy(Dayton). So I will be brief and leave it to someone else :lol: . Love the line that David inserts in place of the (now that's horrible) when looking for a dress for Billy. Its now"Sh*g me sideways" When Dayton and David do the dance and tap its like David never left. Plenty of loud applause and laughter.

BTB
Liz, Thommie and Dayton nail the tap and jump rope with no mistakes. Dayton is a whirlwind with the jump rope. Absolutely great. Thommie gets the laughter and applause from this lively crowd.

Angry Dance
Dayton is an absolute favorite of mine since the first time I saw him for the effort he shows. Every time out Dayton puts 110% into his dance. When Dayton is done Angry Dance there is nothing left to give in effort. He has a powerful and dramatic loud scream to end. Big issue that has not happened for a while. The crowd stopped applauding before Dayton was half way off stage and did not start again till the look back.

Dream Ballet
David does full split for nutcracker joke. David gets right up in Dayton's face with his dance and pushes him around to try and get him to do ballet. Grant and Dayton do a nice job together. There is a wire scene with an u/s which brings a smile to my face :D :D :D :D and clapping from the audience.

Electricity
Dayton does his one handed acro handstand move off the chairs :D . I am not positive but I believe this is very close to being Dayton's full routine for Electricity. Which just leaves the piano flip as his only thing not aloud. What a crowd pleasing and standing O deserving performance and routine hugs says to me and I agree with. Sigh Dayton did not get his standing O but got his long applause that he deserved.

Finale/SD
Love the "God is he(Dayton) really going to to do more" when people realize the Finale has a dance number :D :lol: . As I said above great crowd today. I think I am now wearing a permanent bulls-eye that says BE fanatic :lol: . Liz Pearce recognizes me from seeing the show at SD when I take picture of her and hugs together. I feel embarrassed :oops: because I have never even said hello to her before. Great crowd of pic and autograph seekers at SD.

Sam
Musical Fanatic
Ballet Girl

Wed June 23 Eve

Billy-Michael
Michael-David

The Dynamic Duo for the first time on stage together. An incredible explosion of energy that Michael and David seemed to feed off from each other. There were four forum members in attendance tonight. When we met at the SD all we could do was rave about the performance that we had just seen.

Expressing Yourself
This is an easy one to describe. Michael and David are having ball up there and we are just along for the ride. Fun and funny describe the two of them together. We get the privilege of watching in and following along. David found another higher gear with Michael as his partner in crime. I don't think the audience could have been louder or happier at the end.

BTB
Kate stepped on the jump rope before Michael could jump with her. Which drew a smart comment from Michael :D :lol: Other wise it went perfect the rest of the way.

Angry Dance
Michael's screams, cursing and the maniacal look on his face set the tone for this dance. The look that the MD and middle of row A get can only be described as pure hatred when Michael comes back for the tiles. The only thing I could fault :lol: Michael here for was how violently he was dancing. His dance was so powerful that he displaced his mike just before the scream and it was whacking him on the top of his head. Every time I see Michael I think how can he possibly match or top the last show I saw. Its possible :D . Intermissions are so great to hear the audience reaction around you. This one did not dis appoint in the positive and smiling comments. One forum member said it the best I just saw an :!: Angry Dance :!: .

Dream Ballet
OMG David is on a roll tonight with the tutu. Laughter truly is the best medicine for what ails you. David delivers it full out. The fog machines died somewhere in the middle of the Dream Ballet was the only thing that went wrong here. Stephen and Michael are so graceful and compliment each others dancing. They truly look like they could be younger and older Billy.

Electricity
What do you say about a teen who is so amazingly talented. Who shows you just why the RBS would choose this kid Billy from nowhere. Michael works so hard to show his acting skills and flat out jaw dropping routine. Michael leaves you so appreciative of his talent for dance acro and acting. You see the future god willing standing before you of stage and dance. Boy does it look so bright from my seat.

Finale
Michael carries that energy(Electricity :D ) all the way through to the end of the show and his final tumbling in front of the Billy sign.

Sam
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

Thanks for the great reviews everybody. Please keep them coming.
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

Thanks for the two great reviews, Sam. As always, wonderfully written and descriptive. The "Aussie Invasion" sure seems to be heating up Broadway this summer! Michael and Dayton seem at the top of their game and David B... it's like he never left and just gets better and better with age.
CJ-Rochester
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by CJ-Rochester »

Thurs. June 24 -

Great show last night with Alex and Jake! The audience was one of the most enthusiastic I have ever seen except for special "Billy leaving" performances.

Alex received a well-deserved standing O from a few dozen audience members for his performance of Electricity. Alex and Jake make an incredible pair together. They showed great chemistry in every scene they were in together. Six forum members were in attendance as another weekend of awesomeness begins. :) Will post more later.
-Chris
:/
johnnyc
Mr Braithwaite

Post by johnnyc »

Thurs. was my first time seeing Alex. I was impressed by his acting, especially his diction. He never rushed a line, and used pauses to great effect. Oh, did I forget to mention? The kid also dances! :lol:

Return to “Reviews Archive”