Myles Erlick: Billy - Chicago, Toronto, NY and Muny

cws8998
Ballet Girl

Re: Myles Erlick

Post by cws8998 »

Allthatsknown.
I was in row C, seat 111, [evidently right behind you], and admit, despite my embarrassment, that I did hollar "no" when George asked if any one was downhearted. When I heard only my voice I absolutely cringed...but, what the hell...next time I'll do whatever I can not to draw attention to myself. By the way, not so sure you would have enjoyed going to the stage door following the show. On my way there, a man literally dropped dead on the sidewalk immediately ahead of me, just prior to the alley behind the theater. It was a most unsettling sight to see and experience, especially after such a glorious production of Billy Elliot and meeting up with Myles and his support group. I'm not sure the amount of CPR administered at the moment pulled the gentleman through.

Also, Ellen, I concur that it was terrific for the powers to be to announce Myles' Debut. I was present last March when Steven Daldry did the same for JP. In that regards, there is one point upon which I wish they would improve. After the final full company individual bows, when the curtain comes down, and then raises again for the singular recognition of Billy, I just wish they would allow the audience the opportunity for a more sustained standing ovation for Billy before he brings the company out for the final time. I also wish they'd give more sustained recognition for the Michaels as well. Just my own thoughts and observation. Regards, Colin [cws8998]
cws8998
Ballet Girl

Post by cws8998 »

It was Dearborn...out the theater door and to your right. The stage door is just a couple hundred feet down the alley. Sometimes some of the cast exits the Oriental through a side door of the theater facing the Goodman. It's about at that point this guy literally dropped at my feet. No fun. Hopefully, I'll have a chance to catch Myles again. I'll be seeing the show at least a dozen more times before it leaves Chicago, 11/28...Including a triple header tomorrow night 10/19, and both shows on 10/20. Have to travel in from North Central Indiana to do it, and may as well kill a few birds with one stone in the process. The only way to go. Regards, Colin
cws8998
Ballet Girl

Post by cws8998 »

Saw him again this past Sunday, and he ceases to amaze...and you're right on...despite his very impressive debut a couple weeks ago, he continues to improve beyond belief. Albeit, the audience in attendance was the smallest I've seen since attending BE last March...over two dozen performances..he literally pulled that crowd into his favor with his terrific acting, charisma, and his beautiful dancing. As small as that crowd was, they were far more enthusiastic than most I can remember. I was delighted for Myles for that reason, since he is a bundle of energy and pure joy when he's on stage. I've got 13 more shows to see before BE closes, and I'm looking forward to seeing him, hopefully, a few more times.

I think some unsophisticated audience members, when they see those inserts in the PlayBill in preparation for the show, think they're about to see an "understudy" that night instead of real lead in the show. I know I've personally had to explain, on a couple occasions, to some folks sitting around me, that the Billy they are about to see that night was absolutely superb...one of four Billies, all professionally trained, Beautiful actors and dancers...and that they were lucky that "so and so" was the guy on call that night. Anyway, just an observation as to what I think might go on occasionally.
Rich B
Technical Advisor
Technical Advisor

Post by Rich B »

My vote has been cast! Good Luck, Myles! :D
briart
Audience Member

Myles Erlick - Young Artist Award

Post by briart »

I have been given permission by Myles's mum to let you know that he has been nominated for a Young Artist Award in his hometown. HE NEEDS YOUR VOTE TO WIN! So please just go to http://www.creativeburlington.ca and click on VOTE NOW, then scroll down to online vote and click by Myles's name. Thanks everyone. Myles has promised to let me know how he gets on, so stand by for further news.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Myles Erlic - Young Artist Award

Post by ERinVA »

Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Myles Erlick - Young Artist Award

Post by porschesrule »

Myles will indeed be recognized with a Young Artist Award in the Under 18 Years of Age category in his hometown of Burlington, Ontario. The awards ceremony will be held on February 3, 2011:

http://www.insidehalton.com/what's%20on ... ized-feb-3
mrmikerocks
Miner

Post by mrmikerocks »

That's great to hear.
cws8998
Ballet Girl

Post by cws8998 »

Saw Myles' debut in Chicago and a couple times following, and was so impressed with his initial performances you would have surely thought he had played the role as a seasoned pro. I voted some time ago for his recognition for the Young Artist Award, and have been wondering when those results would be posted. If you haven't seen this pint-sized little guy give a gigantic and emotional interpretation of Billy, you have truly missed something special. The youngster is from Canada and he is about to give the home folks one helluva thrilling ride in the role. If you haven't voted for him, give him a shot. He's as good as any Billy you'll see. Kindest regards, Colin
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Note: Have now merged the posts about Myles' Young Artist Award into his regular thread.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.

Return to “Cast Members - Past Regional Productions”