Marcus Pei: Billy, Chicago and Toronto

ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Marcus Pei

Post by ERinVA »

porschesrule wrote: I didn't mean to imply that the Billys all start with the "same" routine. What I meant was they usually begin with a more basic routine and gradually it gets features added to it over time. And yes, a very big part of that is playing to their strengths and backgrounds as a dancer and also their expertise in acro.

Actually, many of their routines never change. Trent, for example, was asked if his routine had ever changed over the course of his time in the show, and he said no. Neither Kiril's nor David A's choreography changed either. Liam Mower's routine was changed slightly over the course of his tenure, I believe, but I can't think of any other ballet Billy whose choreography changed, with the exception of Travis, whose routine was reworked. Some of the street Billys have started without the wall flip, however, and added it in later. And occasionally even a ballet Billy will substitute another kind of flip, as Kiril did, for example, when he threw in a no-handed flip on the spur of the moment to avoid having to use an injured hand, and Trent did in his last show "just because." ;) Someone who has been to the London show and followed the more recent Billys there might be able to tell us whether there have been noticeable changes in any of the recent Billys' choreography over the course of their runs.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Here's a great article about Marcus:

http://easterniowalife.com/2010/11/10/d ... n-chicago/
Ellen

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

Happy 13th Birthday Dancing Boy!

Enjoy your special day.
tzwicky
George

Scorpios rule ......

Post by tzwicky »

Someone with more time and smarts than I can do the legwork, but just recently it seems like a lot of Billys are Scorpios.

OK, I have a bias .... I are one.

But the whole Scorpio template fits perfectly onto any young actor in his first stage role or just starting a career.

Actually, I rarely pay any attention to horoscopes, other than to read the Scorpio graf.

So, sue me, but I forget, is there any way to discern accurately Billy Elliot's sign? Someone must have done this already.

tzwicky
mrmikerocks
Miner

Re: Marcus Pei: Billy, Chicago and Toronto

Post by mrmikerocks »

Marcus is well spoken for a 13 year old. In all of the interviews I have seen he is very humble and proud of his accomplishments. I like the way that he has grown in the role of Billy Elliot. Toronto is lucky.
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

This tweet was posted today on the Toronto Blue Jays (whatever they are - pardon my ignorance) Twitter

National Anthems performed by Myles Erlick & Marcus Pei, from the Canadian production of BILLY ELLIOT
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Ellen

Todd
Dad

Post by Todd »

Wow, great job by Marcus and Myles ! Appreciate how they sang the song respectfully and note-perfect without all the warbling and pop-tune stylings that some singers try to add to it.

Sounded like a pretty wound-up crowd, based on their cheering and hollaring during the national anthems and the "moment of silence" for Japan. :?
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

Todd wrote:Sounded like a pretty wound-up crowd, based on their cheering and hollaring during the national anthems and the "moment of silence" for Japan.
Sounded to me as if the beer concessions were doing well before the game started. :?
dongringo
Debbie

Post by dongringo »

Isn't drinking beer what baseball games are all about? ;)
.......__o
.......\ <,
....( )/ ( )

Return to “Cast - Toronto”