Spencer Davis Milford - Tall Boy

Todd
Dad

Re: Spencer Davis Milford - Tall Boy

Post by Todd »

Yes, I would definitely like to have seen him as Michael, but it didn't work out in the shows I saw there. Glad he got to play Michael again this week, as he does seem plenty talented to have played that part on a regular basis.

In visiting with him there a couple of weeks ago, he said he will be performing in a play in his native St. Louis beginning in about a month where he apparently has a good-size part in it. So it will be nice for audiences to get to see him in more of a featured role.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Now the question is: Does anyone have a clue what the name of the play is?
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

His mum told me what the play was called - but I can't remember. It's an age thing :oops:
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
HugsY2k
Tall Boy

Post by HugsY2k »

Billy Whiz wrote:His mum told me what the play was called - but I can't remember. It's an age thing :oops:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Answer:
Over the Tavern. http://www.repstl.org/season/show/over_the_tavern/
Broadway/London/US Tour, including Canada
Performances Attended: a number between 150-200 :)
Billys: 32
Michaels: 20

last update: June 2013
KR200
Small Boy

Post by KR200 »

Spencer will be missed...but as we all know all the TB's seem to move on to bigger things! (Keean, Jake, Kyeland)...

Is he playing the role of Rudy in that show? Seems like a great opportunity for Spencer to really "Shine."
Chicago
Billy: Giuseppe x1, JP x2, Marcus x2, Tommy x1, Cesar x2
Michael: Keean x4, Dillon x3, Jack x1
Debbie: Maria x8, TB: Spencer x6, Kennedy x2, SB: Mark x6, Elijah x2

NYC
Billy: David Ax1, Tanner x1, Trent x1
Michael: Keean x1, Frank x2
cainmac
Small Boy

Post by cainmac »

I'll add to the chorus: I believe Rudy is a safe bet. I met Spencer's family after he performed as Michael at the September 4th evening performance. His Mom told me she thought that might have been his last time playing Michael as he had accepted a "lead" role in a play in their home town of St. Louis. Best of luck to Spencer and his family.

Sorry, I wasn't able to report this earlier. Understandably, the leadership transition delayed my entrance into the forum; and I didn't want to share about a young cast member without getting the forum's okay. Thanks, Ellen, and welcome as the forum administrator.
Todd
Dad

Post by Todd »

Yes, Spencer confirmed that he is playing the part of Rudy in "Over The Tavern" in St. Louis. I was kind of holding back too, on giving out a lot of details, as I wasn't sure how much of our conversation was OK to post.
mrmikerocks
Miner

Post by mrmikerocks »

Good luck to Spencer in all his future endeavors.
cws8998
Ballet Girl

Post by cws8998 »

Saw his final performance today, Sunday, 20/31...was hoping that somehow he might play "Michael" as an appropriate send off for him. No such luck. I came in from Indiana thinking there would be the possibility. He is truly a precious kid...spoke to him outside the theater after the show, had my photo taken with him...and was so appreciative of his receiptibility. He appeared ready to move on, but, felt there was a tinge of real sadness in his voice knowing he was now through with Billy Elliot. Do concur that given his talent, it would have been nice to see him given more shots at the Michael lead. Absolutely a classy young man for whom we all hope great success in his future. Regards, Colin
KR200
Small Boy

Post by KR200 »

Thanks for the update Colin! I'm glad to hear that someone was able to give him a nice send-off. Spencer has done a great job with the Chicago production and will be missed. I know everyone agrees that this kid is going places and I hope to see more of his work in the future.

Bravo Spencer!
Chicago
Billy: Giuseppe x1, JP x2, Marcus x2, Tommy x1, Cesar x2
Michael: Keean x4, Dillon x3, Jack x1
Debbie: Maria x8, TB: Spencer x6, Kennedy x2, SB: Mark x6, Elijah x2

NYC
Billy: David Ax1, Tanner x1, Trent x1
Michael: Keean x1, Frank x2

Return to “Cast - Chicago”